Friday tunes...from band to solo

This one isn't really fair, since SMB was basically The Dregs (aka The Dixie Dregs) as a power trio.

I've seen Steve Morse many times, including a clinic with a meet and greet at Music Villa in Bozangeles. Steve DiMarzio has a place in Bozeman and often hosts players using his pickups to do clinics at the store. I saw SMB open for RUSH some time in the 1980s at the Oakland Colosseum.

Morse is an amazingly humble guy. Certified to fly heavies, his weekend gig was as an airline captain. I asked him at the meet and greet about his flying. His response was, "That would take too long. hang around until after the line thins out and we'll chat some more." I did , and we did. When he toured with RUSH, he and Lifeson divided the piloting duties. He talked about his brief gig in the band Kansas, current gig with Deep Purple, and a bunch more. Just a regular guy.

I treasure the signed ball cap he gave me that day! It's on display in the music room.

Last edited:
First time I heard this all I could say was , "Rewind that effin song, dayum!"
Eagles?

images

They're the Eagles! Vocal melody x10!

No flag on the play. Carry on.

Please God--one more time--I will even listen to Kiss

( some here will understand my prayer )
I assume you are talking about the Ferrari! I'm betting Billy Joel has said the same thing a time or two. ;)

I just have this vision of April like Mrs Hudson in the Aston Martin chase scene in BBC Sherlock. Complete with Benedict Cumberbatch in the boot.

I assume you are talking about the Ferrari! I'm betting Billy Joel has said the same thing a time or two. ;)

I just have this vision of April like Mrs Hudson in the Aston Martin chase scene in BBC Sherlock. Complete with Benedict Cumberbatch in the boot.
That would work ;)

My grandchildren like to tease me about Ms Theron in the movie The Italian Job==="look its granny"

I always wanted be the stunt driver for Steve in the movie, Buliit. Actually for more than one reason ;)

Last edited:
That would work ;)

My grandchildren like to tease me about Ms Theron in the movie The Italian Job==="look its granny"

I always wanted be the stunt driver for Steve in the movie, Buliit. Actually for more thane reason ;)

Little known fact:

April was the entire inspiration behind the Blues brother police car chase scene.

They had to turn it into two dudes of epic comedic abilities to adequately capture how bad ass she is.

Little known fact:

April was the entire inspiration behind the Blues brother police car chase scene.

They had to turn it into two dudes of epic comedic abilities to adequately capture how bad ass she is.

I was going to go with this one of April in Italy. Daniel Craig stunt doubling for her.

This may be cheating, still and Iron and Wine song, but just Sam.

Back