Friday music: Whatever lifts you up, takes you forward, heals you

Live like you were dying Tim MaGraw,

I can see clearly now Johhny Nash

Red Dirt Road Brooks and Dunn ---that song has so many phrases in it that takes me "home"

and

Wind Beneath my Wings Bette midler ( he had arranged for this song to be played, for me, after he was gone, which of course brought me to tears, but the truth was, our ( my ) life and the manner in which we lived it was all because of him

44hunter45 : Thank you and yes --- That song, that car and the long stretch of road between San Bernadino and Las Vegas where you could let those ponies run :love:

Last edited:
Music is such a large part of my life , I listen to it everyday , different songs for times and seasons of life . There’s to many to even mention. this song came to my mind that fits the thread name. Was the main song for the movie and Officer and a Gentleman, from the very early 80’s , joe cocker and Jennifer Warner

Music is such a large part of my life , I listen to it everyday , different songs for times and seasons of life . There’s to many to even mention. this song came to my mind that fits the thread name. Was the main song for the movie and Officer and a Gentleman, from the very early 80’s , joe cocker and Jennifer Warner

This is in the soundtrack of the current streaming miniseries of Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven. Glad I persevered through the early episodes, it got much better as it went.

As for the music I’ve been listening to lately that’s lifts me up and I’ve been enjoying, is Hank Jr’s music when he broke away from Nashville mid to late 70’s around 75-77 , even though I was only 6-8 years old and didn’t have a clue about him for decades, getting his older albums to listen to is a treat, just discovered he did a cover of the Marshall Tucker Bands 1972 song “Can’t ya see “ on his 1975 album Hank Jr and Friends , I think it’s pure gold , here’s a clip of him preforming live on a country music show I’ve never heard of. His music definitely lifts me up

Back