Caribou Gear Tarp

Fresh Tracks - Sizzle Reel

Randy,

I'm watching Cam & Co. and they just mentioned that you'll be on the air with Cam doing an interview.

Do you have a time for the promo interview?

Big Fin a big thumbs up for the new show, I really enjoyed it. Not the pain and misery you were in, but it was great real life hunting.

Randy,

Is there going to be any way to purchase these episodes on DVD at the end of the season? I don't get Sportsman's Channel and don't have DVR.

Randy, I'm a big fan of both of your shows. Seems like you, Steven Rinella, and the guys from Western Hunter are the only TV hunters who have a bad day now and again, and show a good, honest hunt on TV. I appreciate the honesty inherent in that, and will keep watching whatever shows you put on the air.

Cheers,
Paul

fin,,,when will the 2014 season start airing on sportsman channel?looking forward to some good fresh tracks soon i hope.

The new season premiers on July 3rd. Airtimes are 7:30pm and 10:30pm Mountain Standard Time. Also airs on Friday at 11:30am and Tuesday at 7:00am, all Mountain times.

Roll order looks something like this, barring changes by the network.

Episode 1 - Arizona rifle elk
Episode 2 - Arizona rifle pronghorn
Episode 3 - New Mexico archery elk
Episode 4 - Montana archery elk
Episode 5 - New Mexico rifle pronghorm
Episode 6 - Montana rifle elk/mule deer

These will all repeat for one week, before airing of Episodes 7-10. Then you will see:

Episode 7 - Colorado rifle elk
Episode 8 - Colorado rifle mule deer
Episode 9 - Wyoming rifle elk (Part I)
Episode 10 - Wyoming rifle elk (Part II)

These will all repeat for one week. After that, the network takes the six most popular episodes and those get a "three-peat," with each one airing for a week, over the final six weeks of Quarter 4.

I have seen edits 1-6, so far. All are very good. Less of the prodction aspects than you saw last year and more of a raw (on purpose) feel of Randy and a camera guy. Just reviewed the Montana elk\mule deer episode this week. It is the closest we have come to hitting the mark of what I wanted to do with this new format.

I wish we were able to roll the episodes from #1 to #10, as was the plan when we originally started this new format. But, that is not how it works at the network level, so this year you will get more of an "On Your Own Adventures" feel than what you got last year.

Hunt Talk guest hunters you will see this year are:

Spitz (NM pronghorn and WY elk)
Cornell2012 (AZ elk)
Still Kickin' (Colorado elk and Colorado mule deer)
Jereep (AZ pronghorn)

One non-Hunt Talk guest hunter is David Brinker, who is the arrow flinger in the Montana archery elk episode.

Going to be a lot of talk about public land access this season. Some shows will use their platforms to do "vignettes" for pimping products. We will put small snippets in our show to get the message about the importance of public lands and what is at stake for the future of hunting.

Last season was one where luck was more on our side. Season One of Fresh Tracks was the toughest season we have ever had, where anything that could go wrong, went wrong. This year, even in the episodes where we didn't kill anything, we either had misses or had shots that we turned down.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back