Free-range Texas Aoudad, Whitetail, Axis, Black Buck, Elk, Sika-Game Pictues

We don't hunt feeders, only the trail that leads to them :D

Quite frankly I am jealous I don't have a place to put a feeder or camera.

Actually, one of the nicest trophy bucks I have seen was in a confined area meadow near Mineral Wells at Ft Wolters, TX, where I was shooting a helicopter approach as an Army flight school student back in 1968. It would be much more dangerous now as there would be the risk of a blade strike on the feeder support structure.

Makes me happy that Big Fin didn't outlaw making fun of Texans.

No offense NHY.

Nemont

Killing piles of geese in the middle of a harvested corn field is probably a heck of a lot harder, right?? ;)

So why do you need the feeders anyway? If you're not shooting game off them why have them?

Our initial goal with all the protein feeders was to improve our whitetail population. Then again you can see what is occupying the feeders most of the time, so therefore we started selling aoudad hunts because we have so many. These are just game pictures I wanted to show y'all. When we hunt here at CCR, we get on elevated ground and go find them in draws or cliff faces.

Don't know what HCC expects,.. He comes on a forum where guys discuss the adventures they take on their own, without guides most of the time, and on land where they don't have to pay to hunt. Then his thread is nothing more than a commercial for his guiding business. (that or he likes to show off his photography skills). I think he should be charged an advertising fee or asked to not promote his business. Otherwise it appears to me that he only does this to try to pick a fight and ruffle feathers just for kicks?? It's comical for a while, but maybe the best option would be if everyone did what we call "put the IGnore to him". I know I won't even bother to open any more threads by HCC. Wow, is it hunting season yet??? long winter!!

I asked Big Fin and he approved of me putting up my ranch name and web-site up. Why can't you just chill and enjoy a picture

I asked Big Fin and he approved of me putting up my ranch name and web-site up. Why can't you just chill and enjoy a picture

Seems to me a lot of fokes are voting Fin's proxy widdout his permission.:rolleyes:

...carry on o pious ones.:cool:

Holy crap. Who knew? Hey fellas you want better deer hunting just put out some feeders. It gets real good.

You seem to have this thought that we just cage these guys in and shoot them! This isn't a 50 acre piece of land were we would know what comes to each feeder and then go hunt it. We never see the same animals each year! Every animal that is on our place jumped the fence to get there! There is a word for guys like you..called "narrow mind"!! Read the website or look at earlier posts we "spot and stalk"! Not off of feeders either!

Last edited:
Harder? But not as fun as busting an antelope coming to a stock tank.

I dunno sitting in a blind in the 90-deg heat out in the middle of the desert and dealing with snakes looking for shelter in your blind takes skill. Speaking from experience. :)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back