Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forgotten Calibers

and, perhaps, "Out of Africa", but not "Dances with Wolves" (Henry rimfires dropping charging bison instantly - not gonna happen).

An interesting thread would be movies that features hunting with interesting old rifles. They are not abundant.

"The Ghost and The Darkness" had some cool old guns too.

yes, and Legends of the Fall had an '86 or '71 Winchester I believe. Probably an 86. But it wasn't much of a hunting movie and I may be wrong about that anyway.

and, perhaps, "Out of Africa", but not "Dances with Wolves" (Henry rimfires dropping charging bison instantly - not gonna happen).

An interesting thread would be movies that features hunting with interesting old rifles. They are not abundant.

LOL, exactly Brent, that was a joke for sure. How the West was won had a couple of Buffalo rifles, Sgt York won his turkey shoot with a rifle you might like, Sand Pebbles had a couple of interesting guns, albeit not as old as the buffalo guns, and the manufacturer of the doubles used in White Hunter, Black Heart and Out of Africa, gets my vote (-:

My apologizes to Losing-Sanity as we have taken this thread way off course!

Last edited:
Hold into the wind...offhand Hollywood style....;)

[video=youtube;ab9Xep5pDwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9Xep5pDwU[/video]

Hold into the wind...offhand Hollywood style....;)

[video=youtube;ab9Xep5pDwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9Xep5pDwU[/video]

No need to hold into the wind he made a windage correction to his sight. Also something many miss in that scene is the ear plug he has in his right ear when he fires the rifle.

Brent here is very well versed in shooting the paper patched bullet in his rifles. That is something that takes a lot of trial and error and Brent has it figured out.

Dan

Last of the Mohicans was not a hunting moving but there is quite a story about the efforts that went into the rifles of the two main characters, and those were hunting, not military rifles. Apparently, they are quite carefully researched and built to be correct for place and time. Also a lot of unbelievably beautiful scenery.

Even more ridiculous was dropping stampeding buffalo in their tracks with an arrow!

How original to the times were the firearms used in the series "Hell On Wheels"?

The 6.5 rem mag blows my mind that it is not more popular today.

It was a belted case in an improper rifle when first introduced. Since the 6.5s are the cat's meow these days, a re-intro sans belt in a good bolt action might catch on.

LOL, exactly Brent, that was a joke for sure. How the West was won had a couple of Buffalo rifles, Sgt York won his turkey shoot with a rifle you might like, Sand Pebbles had a couple of interesting guns, albeit not as old as the buffalo guns, and the manufacturer of the doubles used in White Hunter, Black Heart and Out of Africa, gets my vote (-:

My apologizes to Losing-Sanity as we have taken this thread way off course!

Not at all. It's been an awesome thread and I have really enjoyed reading all the posts.

I killed my 1st deer, a doe mule deer with an 25-20 model 1892 at a range of about 5 feet. I enjoy my 358 win, 257 Roberts, 25 gibbs, 30 gibbs, and good old 270 win.

It was a belted case in an improper rifle when first introduced. Since the 6.5s are the cat's meow these days, a re-intro sans belt in a good bolt action might catch on.
It has been, just called the 6.5 PRC. ;) :D I think the 6.5 Rem Mag would be a tough fit in a short action with the 6.5 bullets en vogue today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back