For those that thought the last presidential election was bizarre..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power of youth? Amazing how off they are on how the world really works and where the power is.

Trump is just jealous of Greta. He has (falsely, as usual) claimed the title for himself

But he has printed up fake copies of himself on the cover of Time to frame and hang on his walls.

Naw, he's not the World Champion Narcissist.

I asked our older and wiser ( than I ) resident female and she assured me that as long as I am simply stating my opinion, that there is nothing wrong in doing so.

As a young female I find this post offensive. I am not supporting the young underage female or her cause, and I do understand the above attempt at humor, regardless of who the older man is that one might photoshop into the picture.

As to the selection itself for "person of the year" I do not agree with it, however she seems to have been willing to put in the work that it takes to support the "cause' of her choice.

I was asked if this was a 16 year old girl who had spent the time and effort this girl has spent supporting gun rights and hunting, would the posts here be different ?

Whether or not this young lady’s plea for action on climate change is just naive youthful exuberance, it is being used for political purposes, and it is working. Especially with other young people. I teach 8th grade, and many, many of my students spend a lot of time thinking about climate change and what could be done to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back