Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Football General Talk

Not the the right $$, but the point is just as valid.

Along these lines, here is a better dataset from overthecap pulled from NFL datasets of all NFL players in history who have actually been paid over $150 million in their careers (not inflation-adjusted).

1647386877847.png

This table is adjusted on a salary cap inflation factor basis (think of it as football inflation):

1647387005470.png

Of the four QBs who have not won a Super Bowl but still made greater than $150 million, here is their $$/career win"

Kirk Cousins $3,160,000/win
Matt Ryan $2,245,000/win
Alex Smith $2,121,000/win
Carson Palmer $1,875,000/win

Kirk may not win in the playoffs but he wins at the bargaining table - gotta give him a tip of the hat ;)

Not the the right $$, but the point is just as valid.

Along these lines, here is a better dataset from overthecap pulled from NFL datasets of all NFL players in history who have actually been paid over $150 million in their careers (not inflation-adjusted).

View attachment 215524

This table is adjusted on a salary cap inflation factor basis (think of it as football inflation):

View attachment 215526
No matter how you slice it, he’s done well for himself and done it in only 10 years. He needs to “earn” some of that money like other QBs on that list have.

Of the four QBs who have not won a Super Bowl but still made greater than $150 million, here is their $$/career win"

Kirk Cousins $3,160,000/win
Matt Ryan $2,245,000/win
Alex Smith $2,121,000/win
Carson Palmer $1,875,000/win

Kirk may not win in the playoffs but he wins at the bargaining table - gotta give him a tip of the hat ;)I think he is a better qb than you do. I also think he is better than any of the other three by a good margin. It is a team game and the team has not been up to snuff. Not by a long shot.
I think he is a better qb than you do, albeit, I am certainly a poorer judge. That said, if they booted Cousins, I suspect they would only end up with someone considerably worse. On offense, the play calling has often stunk, in my opinion. In particular, it has been way too conservative in the passing department, and not just with Cousins, or Zim for that matter.

Defense - the old Viking strong suite - MIA. Gotta be a first priority

Special teams. Yeah, help!

And I hate tanking, so it is what it is (another lame expression, but appropriate nevertheless).

The thing I can't wrap my head around are these baseball contacts ..... wtf is that. Your gonna stand around in a game for approximately 80 percent of it and rake in 350 mil.... what a joke.

I think he is a better qb than you do, albeit, I am certainly a poorer judge. That said, if they booted Cousins, I suspect they would only end up with someone considerably worse. On offense, the play calling has often stunk, in my opinion. In particular, it has been way too conservative in the passing department, and not just with Cousins, or Zim for that matter.

Defense - the old Viking strong suite - MIA. Gotta be a first priority

Special teams. Yeah, help!

And I hate tanking, so it is what it is (another lame expression, but appropriate nevertheless).

Unfortunately in a capped league the question is not strictly about level of play - it is level of play against $$ committed. They need to rebuild the defense but they have no cap space with Cousins taking up $35mm and so they will spend $70mm over the next two seasons on QB even though their roster as a whole gives them very little chance to compete for a Super Bowl. They needed to dump the high priced veterans and start a rebuild, but instead we will get 3 more years of 8-9 teams, fired GM and new coach. And then maybe we can do a proper build in 2025. As a long time season ticket holder I am quite disappointed.

Coz he thinks he can and he loves the adulation...what else
I was watching an English soccer game at the weekend. It showed Tom Brady sitting in the crowd with the teams owners (also the Tampa Bay owners). In that game 37 year old Cristiano Ronaldo scores all 3 goals for his team in the victory. 37 is extremely old for soccer, and Cristiano Ronaldo is thought by many to be the GOAT of soccer. Next day Tom Brady announces he's not retired. Just a coincidence?

The thing I can't wrap my head around are these baseball contacts ..... wtf is that. Your gonna stand around in a game for approximately 80 percent of it and rake in 350 mil.... what a joke.
Pretty simple, no salary cap.

It's a great job...if you can get it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back