Football General Talk

Hard for me to take Mahomes with remnants of a high ankle sprain over Burrow.

Eagles defense is very good, SF's better...Hurts wins.
ok - moving forward.

Bengals @ Chiefs.... Bengals have won the last 3 vs the Chiefs, all coming in the last 2 season. Who wins?

49ers @ Eagles.... Will be very interesting. Two great defenses with 2 qbs without much playoff experience. Who wins?

I think the Bengals will beat the Chiefs. One, Mahomes is going to be limited, Burrows is as good as there is at the qb position.

The other game, is a toss up, it could easily hinge on who get a turnover deep in the other team's territory. Both teams play well enough on defense to have a chance.

Now do first seasons for each QB... and there's no comparison between Aikman and Purdy and most likely never will be.
My point was Aikman was throwing 12 or 14td season with a great oline and running game. He had it pretty dam good. His job was to run the system and not f up. He did that on a high level for a long time. There is a place for those guys too.

My point was Aikman was throwing 12 or 14td season with a great oline and running game. He had it pretty dam good. His job was to run the system and not f up. He did that on a high level for a long time. There is a place for those guys too.
Times have changed and QB numbers are inflated across the board. Apples and Oranges.

Times have changed and QB numbers are inflated across the board. Apples and Oranges.
Steve Young was throwing 35, 36 td seasons at the same time (90s).
Dan Marino was throwing 45ish in the late 80s

In 1994
Aikman 13 tds
Marino 30
Young 35
Farve 33
He was a system guy and that's ok.

A limited Mahomes who played through the injury at its most painful and still threw some sweet spirals tops most quality QB w/o injury. The guy is a Joe Cool in the making.

Seriously> Boys fans> should we move on from Dak? from Zeke?
I’m not a Cowboys fan but the Vikes are in the same boat with Cousins. My hope is they move off Cousin’s. Draft a late round qb and Hope for the best. If you have a cheap qb you can get really good elsewhere.

I think the Bengals will beat the Chiefs. One, Mahomes is going to be limited, Burrows is as good as there is at the qb position.

The other game, is a toss up, it could easily hinge on who get a turnover deep in the other team's territory. Both teams play well enough on defense to have a chance.
Burrow is a machine. I think mahomes will be a bit limited and unable to do the amazing chit he normally creates. Bengals will win.

I’m not a Cowboys fan but the Vikes are in the same boat with Cousins. My hope is they move off Cousin’s. Draft a late round qb and Hope for the best. If you have a cheap qb you can get really good elsewhere.
Very unlikely they will score a better qb than Cousins that way. I don't get the rub against him. Forget upgrading at qb and worry about the offence line and defensive secondary and perhaps running back. Cousins can win a superbowl, but I don't think that defense can.

My opinion is that Tony Pollard's injury defined last night's game.

Zeke lacks power and explosiveness needed to be an all situations back. He is a 2 yard per carry runner. Without the threat of Pollard in the flats, on screen plays and running on early downs, SF was able to crank up the pass rush and play stunts with Warner showing in the A gap then dropping back into coverage.

Dak is fine at QB until he faced unmitigated pressure from the blitz and stunts like mentioned before. Then, he throws picks like clockwork.

Big question is what next for Dallas. They can move on from Zeke but can they move on from Dak? Should they?

Very unlikely they will score a better qb than Cousins that way. I don't get the rub against him. Forget upgrading at qb and worry about the offence line and defensive secondary and perhaps running back. Cousins can win a superbowl, but I don't think that defense can.
Agreed but can Kirk win the big ones? That 3 yard throw on 4th and eight just ruined his pretty good season for me.

Burrow is a machine. I think mahomes will be a bit limited and unable to do the amazing chit he normally creates. Bengals will win.
Big question for me is can that Bengals offensive line hold up for another week. They played well against Buffalo but overall they're not (on paper) much better than last year (after all the injuries at least). I have a feeling Mahomes will be back to at least 90% and honestly with Kelce as dialed in as he was Saturday, 80-90% will be good enough. UNLESS that Bengals offensive line shows up and shows out against like Sunday, giving Koe Burrow time to just be Joe Burrow... then it's a who different story.

Plus our backers are a bit old and slow. Madison is better than Cook.

Final ramble... as much as I'm enjoying riding the 9er bandwagon, I believe in this Eagles team. Told a good buddy they were my SB pick way back in the early season, and I still think they'll win it all They're built around their offensive line, which is probably the best offensive line in football. I think they are the real deal.

Agreed but can Kirk win the big ones? That 3 yard throw on 4th and eight just ruined his pretty good season for me.
Yes he can. I have no doubt about it.

The pass you don't like was the last option in his check down. At that point he could throw short and hope the te could break a tackle or try to run it himself. He made the best of a pretty hopeless situation. Cousins is well above average. Especially when he has decent protection. Continue to improve that, make the running game serious again, and fix the defense first.

Last edited:
My distain for the Cowboys is not a big secret.

I see the team put out a tweet throwing Prescott under the bus for their loss. That is a good example of why they need a new owner. Yes, he is limited. Throwing him under the bus won't make him a better more confident player.

Now, I do hope Jerra owns the team into the future. Maybe he has a child who knows even less about how to run a football team.

And, yes I will admit to trolling. That is all a Vikings fan can do this time of year.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back