Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Fix my screw up. (Elk mount)

@Stocker I'm not sure if this is in your play book on this as the bull is the bull you harvested but, I have 4 or 5 capes I'll send you one of you want to go with a remount? The taxi should be able to rehydrate and use the same form.

If you want let me know I'll just give it to you. You pay for the shipping.

I did some taxidermy work back 20 years ago. I’m definitely not an expert but if it was mine I’d get another cape. You could patch that spot if you’re really good at sewing or just do it over. Nice Bull!

@Stocker I'm not sure if this is in your play book on this as the bull is the bull you harvested but, I have 4 or 5 capes I'll send you one of you want to go with a remount? The taxi should be able to rehydrate and use the same form.

If you want let me know I'll just give it to you. You pay for the shipping.
I really appreciate it. I’m kind of a weirdo in the sense that I like keeping the original cape and antlers together even if it’s messed up. It’ll fit in with every other misfit or weird looking thing I own. Lol

I really appreciate it. I’m kind of a weirdo in the sense that I like keeping the original cape and antlers together even if it’s messed up. It’ll fit in with every other misfit or weird looking thing I own. Lol
Right on man the offer is there for you if you change your mind. It would be damn tough to change up the cape for me to.

View attachment 280167I saw this at a taxidermist a few years ago and thought it was a great mount.

Wouldn’t have to be a fake rock but something like this would hide the missing spot and make it look intentional rather than a cover up job.

Other than the branch growing up through the chopped up insides of that beautiful buck. Great skill, poor execution.

Your excuse #1 confusing me...JK

Paint an American flag on the part showing, or just get a scrap piece of hide and patch it.

Let me list excuses for my stupidity as is my custom. (Excuses and stupidity)

1. I never kill elk big enough to mount.
2. It was 80 degrees and I was in a hurry to get it in the cooler.
3. It was late at night.

So like a doofus I cut the brisket short. I’m thinking of getting a piece of cool driftwood to try to cover the form. Any other ideas?
I would probably turn it into a pedestal style mount. Get it lower to the ground on a wooden base. Be easier to cover it up and put habitat and plants in front. Obviously will wanna try and blend in the stick out form or remove it.

It’s a very easy fix as some have suggested. Grind all that extra foam out and slap the front half of a cow under him. If your bull gets a vote, I’m sure this would be his preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back