Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First Time Pointing A Gun At Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He asked what would you have done? You spout of all these positions you have held that should give you Supreme knowledge on this matter but instead of engaging in a respectful manner you come out flinging shit.
What I would of done is of no consequence to this thread. Because I would not of done anything that I wrote above and none of you would ever know about it.

There is two sides to this story, the other side wasn’t told. The officer will follow up with the individual and get his side. That will go into a report and get reviewed by a higher authority.

Now imagine that higher authority stumbles into this thread. Does his story match what he told the officer? Now that the individual knows who is actually the victim?

None of this thread puts the OP in a good position legally. He had no idea what or how the DA may take this. Why open you and your family up to the liability? For likes on a Internet forum?

I will go back to my second post. Somethings are best left unsaid.

Yes? I don't understand the question. The definition of assault doesn't change based on the time of the day.
Yes it does, but not solely. Whether it is responding officers, district attorney, or in court the totality of the circumstances are evaluated. The time of day absolutely is considered. Is it day or night, light or dark, general time of activity or usually void of people. Hours of darkness, especially the wee hours between 0100-0400 are viewed very differently than high noon. Do you treat a knock on your door at 0300 differently than 1000 am?

Is 3am late or early??
trailhead is public property and not your living room
when you leave your bed and go search outside with a firearm your the aggressor
just my thinking> I see headlights at a trailhead at 3am and hear a gun shot> I am not thinking I'm in danger.

Dozens of posts on this thread, and I have learned something, and I do believe the input of some on here would influence my future behavior if put in an analogous situation. It is fair to point out that this thread didn't exist before the story in question. Whether one thinks the sharing of this story was wise, I think a strong case could be made that it has provided value to many. I know it has to me.
Well said.

Thank you @COEngineer for sharing, definitely a difficult situation and thought provoking topic, I appreciate your candor and willingness to share. It's not easy to have folks Monday morning quarterback your decisions.

@JLS, @Addicting, and @MinnesotaHunter appreciate your comments and expertise dealing with situations the rest of us hope to never have to deal with.

Not sure if we've reached the point where the thread is no longer valuable, but I hope some folks can pump the breaks and keep it civil and keep the thread from being locked.

Not sure if we've reached the point where the thread is no longer valuable, but I hope some folks can pump the breaks and keep it civil and keep the thread from being locked.

I'm sure we've reached that point. When I get this many reports on a single thread, from both sides of the discussion, I find that the value of information has diminished and the volume of emotion has overtaken the information value.

Locked. Now go hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back