Caribou Gear Tarp

First pronghorn!

1_pointer

I was able to get a doe pronghorn permit for WY. I went over Thurs., day before my tag opened, to find a few. Got a couple of small groups located then set up camp. Ran into an older fellow last night and he told me of a couple hanging out in a 'park' above camp. Looked for them this morning but didn't find them. Started towards the area where I saw some last night and saw two does feeding across a hill. Checked to make sure it was public land as there's quite a bit of private land in the area, got a hill between me and them, topped it, found 'em. One 200gr bullet from a .338 Win Mag was all it took! ;)

First_Pronghorn_Antelope_taken_10_1_04_west_of_Daniel_WY_4.sized.jpg

Fried up some of the backstraps for dinner, not too bad!
drool.gif

Congrats 1..Pt looks like a nice area.. not used to seeing a dead lope without horns [ Buck only here in AZ]

Oak, I took her back to camp for pics so as to not give away my honey-hole! ;) FWIW, this is the same area miller and I have seen pronghorn go through trees and at over 9700ft!

Congratulations 1_pointer.....that's a great way to start out !!
hump.gif

I'm sure this is just one of many to follow....

'Gunner- I wanted to be prepared in case I ran into an Angus with a bad case of Mad Cow! :D

Way to go Tyler. Obviously you kill well when my bad luck is not around. :D

How were the crowds? Did you look for any deer. ;) I am guessing you didn't have time with a dead goat in tow.

Crowds weren't bad. Only saw one other vehichle chasing goats, but lots chasing moose. Didn't look for any deer as I wanted to get the goat in the freezer and worked OT on Sat.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back