First hand Covid symptoms

I feel like Miss Corona is stalking me. Two weeks ago a daughter in law who is staying with us tested positive, and over the last week several employees have started illness symptoms that later tested positive for COVID. It is rampant right now in Wichita, and thankfully like my family and office family, the symptoms are fever, malaise and general nausea, and almost nothing approaching life threatening illness.

I’ve felt like a damn unicorn for the last 2.5 years as everyone around me caught it and it finally caught up to me on the worst week… our move to the new house at nearly 9k feet. Nothing like thinner air and an illness that attacks the lungs. Weirdest part is that I tested negative 2x before my third test finally revealed it was not a bad sinus infection.

While I’m on the tail end of this… the general fatigue and lung capacity / out of breath-ness has me a little concerned that I’ve suffered a bit of setback in terms of training for this fall’s elk hunt. Now wishing I had a later season tag instead of first rifle ha

If it’s true that the vaccine tempers symptoms and make it an easier process, I genuinely can’t imagine what this would be like without having been vaccinated… carrying my daughter up the stairs yesterday had me almost out of breath. Scary shit.

Finally got the time to get out and do some scoutting, unfortunately no scoutting took place. On my way out to the spot I started to feel cruddy, by the time I arrived I decided it was time to go home. Even though I had my vaccine (no boosters), it still hit me like a ton of bricks for about 48 hours.

I've never had an illness make me feel so disoriented. On the mend now and hopefully it doesn't linger into season/pre-season scoutting. If those boosters could've kept me feeling well enough to stay afield and do some light scoutting, it would've been worth getting them. At least it wasn't during season!

I feel like the last forkie in MT on Thanksgiving weekend. I know it's coming, just not sure where I'll get it.

Glad folks are on the mend. Have a friend who has had every variant there is, is double vaxxed & boosted and still ended up with 43% lung tissue scarring & 25% reduced lung capacity. Another friend is recovering from a pretty massive stroke due to it. She was vaxxed & boosted as well.

I feel like the last forkie in MT on Thanksgiving weekend. I know it's coming, just not sure where I'll get it.

Glad folks are on the mend. Have a friend who has had every variant there is, is double vaxxed & boosted and still ended up with 43% lung tissue scarring & 25% reduced lung capacity. Another friend is recovering from a pretty massive stroke due to it. She was vaxxed & boosted as well.
Really sorry to hear about your friends and sincerely hope you don’t ever get it. It kicked my ass, hard. And I’ve seen it destroy some really really healthy people.

It seems absolutely indiscriminate with who it effects and to what extent. I've seen healthy as heck people get knocked off their ass, temp wheeling an oxygen tank - appearing as a POW figure and one co-worker I've worked with on occasions, pass. Life continues and we must walk the path, however we choose. I hold no judgement for those who opt not to vax nor those max vaxxed and wearing double masks, to this day. It's a "to each his/her own decision". I have my opinions on the subject, as I believe we all do.

Wish and pray the best for all.

Started feelin symptoms the first day of a 9 day MT trip recently. Just felt really tired and had a headache. Before long my pregnant wife and 10 month old were symptomatic too. Wife and I were just stuffy, had coughs, mild headaches, and ran short of breathe a little easier.

The baby had a temp of 104 for a day and was starting to look a lil scary so we had our first ER visit as parents. They basically just had us keep her on a steady rotation of infant advil and Tylenol and that kept her temp down. Baby seemed to fully recover in about 5 days. I’m still stuffy and coughing but feel fine a little over 2 weeks after it started. The mrs is back to normal.

It hit my family two weeks ago. My 3 year old son brought it home from daycare. He was in tough shape with a high fever for about 36 hours and improved quickly after that. My wife (vaxxed and boosted) was next up. She was down for about 3 days. Said it’s the sickest she’s been in a very long time. My 5 year old girl was next. She looked and felt a bit sick one evening and that was it. Just slept an awful lot for a couple days. Over the course of the week, I shared a bed every night with, and cared for, someone with Covid taking zero precautions. I never got so much as a sniffle. I am vaxxed, boosted, and had a mild case back in February.

Glad it’s over. The toughest part is having a job currently with zero vacation or sick days and not having daycare for 2 weeks. It was an expensive round of Covid from that perspective. If a missed paycheck is the worst we came out of it with, I guess I consider us lucky.

Traveled by air to several states June 20-22. Felt funky at the airport on the 22nd. Tested positive the next day. Three days of mild fever, one day of very slightly dry cough, 8 days of fatigue. I actually tested positive for 10 days! Rode my dirt bike on the 11th day with no issues. Exercised and walked in sunshine daily the entire time. Only taste effected was coffee, but it's back to awesome now.

Just got over it. One day of some body aches and a fever. Other than that it was basically nothing. I’ve been able to continue working with the exception of that first day. My daughter got it for the second time but hasn’t slowed down at all.

It seems absolutely indiscriminate with who it effects and to what extent. I've seen healthy as heck people get knocked off their ass, temp wheeling an oxygen tank - appearing as a POW figure and one co-worker I've worked with on occasions, pass. Life continues and we must walk the path, however we choose. I hold no judgement for those who opt not to vax nor those max vaxxed and wearing double masks, to this day. It's a "to each his/her own decision". I have my opinions on the subject, as I believe we all do.

Wish and pray the best for all.
It really is crazy. Somehow my wife and daughter never got sick - not sure how that happened as I was testing positive for two straight weeks. But glad they didn't!

COVID symptoms last Sunday negative Monday negative, Tuesday positive, Wednesday positive.

Paxlovid for 5 days.

Nasty cough, no fever, runny nose.

Yesterday leg pain blood clot in right leg, on the blood thinners.

Today part of blood clot moved to right lung. Few firsts for me, CT scan for one. First overnight stay in hospital. Hospital here is plugged full, so riding the meatwagon to Cheyenne.

I had original vaccine and one booster.

I'll be getting the new vaccine as soon as it's out.

I should have been killing an elk today, not dealing with this shit.

COVID symptoms last Sunday negative Monday negative, Tuesday positive, Wednesday positive.

Paxlovid for 5 days.

Today part of blood clot moved to right lung. Few firsts for me, CT scan for one. First overnight stay in hospital. Hospital here is plugged full, so riding the meatwagon to Cheyenne.

That sucks. Good luck.

Paxlovid for 5 days.

Ugh, sorry you’re going through this. Get better soon and go kill a stud bull!

Paxlovid for 5 days.

Heal up. They will be waiting

Have learned a bunch about blood clots the last couple days if nothing else.

Pro tip...don't get them if you can avoid it.

Oh and self diagnosing on Google with the mayo website rocks.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Buzz.

Yeah Buzz, really sorry to hear. Hope things straighten out quickly. Especially that clot.

Just finishing up my first COVID run in. Sore throat on 8/13. Positive 8/14. I was sick as I can ever remember being for 5 days. Then an annoying cough and sinus issues ever since. Finally starting to feel normal the last two days. So first symptom to no symptoms will be about 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back