First hand Covid symptoms

Did you read the article? It says that there is serious concern that the vaccine may not give any better/longer protection than having the disease.. All together this isn't an article pushing those who have been sick to get the vaccine as much as it's a call to be aware that natural or vaccine induced long term immunity very well may not exist..

Which in itself is a frightening prospect..
You know, there is always that worry, but other vaccines haven't worked that way, and it is likely this vaccine will provide immunity for close to a year. Time will tell, of course. Don't get the vaccine if you don't want to.

You know, there is always that worry, but other vaccines haven't worked that way, and it is likely this vaccine will provide immunity for close to a year. Time will tell, of course. Don't get the vaccine if you don't want to, as if you are young and healthy you probably won't get too sick anyway, but please don't expose the elderly, immunocompromised, diabetics, folks with heart, lung and kidney disease. Good luck identifying all but the elderly.
I've already had Covid and I still have antibodies.. I'm covered at least for now. How do I know I still have antibodies. I am part of a University of Michigan medical center study.. I have currently as much immunity as I would likely have with the vaccine.. The key being currently..

Actually I am not supposed to be vaccinated because of the study. The point is to study my natural antibody levels and decline from the disease..

I don't want to expose anyone however just because you've been vaccinated hasn't been proven to provide any better long term immunity.. Just trying to provide a measure of reality. There is a real chance that the vaccine may not be the panacea many desire it to be. I'm far from an anti vaxxer just asking people to objectively look at the future moving forward..

BTW just because other vaccinations have worked one way has nothing to with the effectiveness of this current round of vaccines.. This is a new beast..

All that to say get the vaccine especially if you haven't had Covid or are suspect of having a lower viral load when you tested positive for it.

Not to de-rail 14 pages of Covid conversation, but has anyone caught the flu in the last year?
This is a irrelevant issue.
Idaho has an average of 41 flu deaths a year.
As of today we have 1568 covid deaths in less then a year and thats with all of the shutdowns, masks, and everything.

If we correct the covid number to account for your assumptions you have 1527 covid related deaths.
Did that make you feel better?

I have had the Moderna first dose, I had a sore deltoid for less than 24 hours. Our county health department was a stickler for scheduling and screening out non tier one patients. The screener told me that one physician was turned away twice as he came without proof he was an actively practicing healthcare worker.

And the local news reports that there is a concern that they have less doses than they are supposed to, and unless they can get more they will have to slow down the tiered schedule, dilute second dose amounts given, or do both.

I elected to get jabbed (barely felt it) so as to reduce the chance that I might pass Miss Corona on to my patients. And I plan on continuing my social distancing when I can, will keep washing/sanitizing my hands, and wearing a mask when indoors sound people who aren’t my “bubble” people, and a mask/face shield when treating dental patients.

Last edited:
Were you tested? The reason I ask is something kicked my ass for three weeks back in January. Our five boys got the same thing to varying degrees. Wife didn't get it, and she was caring for the rest of us. This was before Covid was "news", so no chance to test.
No test

Symptoms on New Years Day, positive test Jan 5, no fever last 4-6 days. Back to office since last Thursday. The mild has kicked my ass. Wife had no symptoms, negative test. Z pak, prednisone, fluids, Tylenol, kaopectate. My physician had it a couple months ago but appears clueless, perhaps overwhelmed. The oximeter is your coal mine canary. No clue how I contracted, super careful. Get the vaccine when you can. I was two days away from my first shot when I tested.

Last edited:
I’ll be getting it whenever my turn is up. I’ve never gotten a flu vaccine and only been diagnosed with the flu one time. However toughing it through the flu vs. something that has a decent chance of killing you, or you unknowingly spreading it to others that could die from it, is a whole different ballgame in my mind.
I will probably hold off till vaccine supplies are more abundant. I live pretty much quarantine under normal circumstances anyway. Don't have to go to work and no social life to speak of. I am in the high risk group due to my age (68) but would rather see someone else get the shot who has to go to work and support a family. I definitely will NOT be circulating till I'm vaccinated.

Symptoms on New Years Day, positive test Jan 5, no fever last 4-6 days. Back to office since last Thursday. The mild has kicked my ass. Wife had no symptoms, negative test. Z pak, prednisone, fluids, Tylenol, kaopectate. My physician had it a couple months ago but appears clueless, perhaps overwhelmed. The oximeter is your coal mine canary. No clue how I contracted, super careful. Get the vaccine when you can. I was two days away from my first shot when I tested.
Glad you are improving!

Anybody had the second dose of the moderna vaccine? I'm getting the second shot right before last weekend of duck season. Wondering if I'll be able to go...

Anybody had the second dose of the moderna vaccine? I'm getting the second shot right before last weekend of duck season. Wondering if I'll be able to go...
My 2nd is set for Feb 2nd (or 4th?).

Why would you not be able to go?
My understanding; it's similar to the 1st. Sit in a waiting room 15 minutes or more if other conditions warrant, then off you go about business.
The CDC V-Safe app is great for reporting daily sensations.

Why would you not be able to go?
Because the immune response side affects are typically greater for the second dose. Some people feel pretty feverish and achy for a day or so afterwards.

My second dose is scheduled for the 10th.

Yeah, basically everyone I work with said they had a fever and would not have come to work had they had the second dose on a weekday.

I mean, I'll still get it. Just looking for some indication maybe I work with a bunch of weenies and mine wont be that bad lol.

Edit: talking specifically about the moderna. Folks I know who got the Pfizer didn't have as much difficulty with the 2nd dose.

"Local reactions to the vaccine were generally mild. About 50% of participants receiving mRNA-1273 experienced moderate-to-severe side effects — such as fatigue, muscle aches, joint pain and headache — after the second dose, which resolved in most volunteers within two days."

If you've ever hunted with a hangover, the worst case scenario will likely be a matter of course.

Because the immune response side affects are typically greater for the second dose.
Any official info regarding this? There is such a great level of divisive conjecture its a challenge to get accurate information.

I'm in my Dr's office as I type. He stated there's no difference between the first and second. He had a heavy feverish reaction to the first and nothing for the second. It simply depends on the person.

Any official info regarding this? There is such a great level of divisive conjecture its a challenge to get accurate information.

I'm in my Dr's office as I type. He stated there's no difference between the first and second. He had a heavy feverish reaction to the first and nothing for the second. It simply depends on the person.

Plenty more information out there with a cursory search.

Plenty more information out there with a cursory search.

Yeah I had seen all that, which is why I was surprised everyone I know who has gotten 2nd dose are reporting more moderate effects (no anaphylaxis obviously, but fever, chills, body aches).

I'll just chalk it up to them being weenies and a statistical anomaly. Just really wanted someone to chime in and tell me they got 2nd dose and scratched a limit of mallards next day.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back