First hand Covid symptoms

My sister, who is 83, was moved into a different elder care place where she was quarantined for two weeks. Three weeks after release from quarantine she came down with the virus. One of her care takers had the Covid. She is very sick.
Sorry to hear that, Happy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

My brother tested okay. Apparently just a cold/flu. He's feeling fine now but his former boss and fishing buddy who he thought passed it on is fighting for his life on a ventilator. Dan is 66 I think. I hunted geese with him in Sask two years ago and retrieved a couple of his does over the years shot in gawdawful places. I always give him a bad time about that. "Yeah, maybe they taste better than bucks but it sure is easier to grip a horn than trying to hang onto ears." He had other health issues so it fell to me to bat cleanup. No effort needed to shoot a doe in the ditch. Why did he have to shoot them in the bottom of a coulee or other side of a beaver pond? Hope he makes it.

Last edited:
Some sobering posts on this thread. I wish all the best for those of you who have been effected, and hope we and all our loved ones stay healthy.

Thoughts and prayers to all.....I tested positive Friday, had a rough weekend but doing ok now. Overall I had worse hangovers and no loss of taste or smell, so I'm lucky. Again prayers to those that are battling.

Last edited:
My wife and I are both just out of the 10 day quarantine. It was different for both of us. Crushing headache and total loss of taste and smell were the worst symptoms for me. Cough and body aches were worst for my wife. Up and down, yo-yo best way to describe it - for 10 days. For us the flu was much more intense than this, but this lasted much longer.

I had it. Best I can say is it was like a strange pneumonia. All the symptoms without coughing up all the crap. Was tired and wiped out for almost 2 weeks. Fevers for about 3-4 days.

I had it. Best I can say is it was like a strange pneumonia. All the symptoms without coughing up all the crap. Was tired and wiped out for almost 2 weeks. Fevers for about 3-4 days.
I thought I was feeling much better till last night and today. I’m so tired and weak I can barely function. Still no lung or cough symptoms. Starting to get some of my taste back. I’m supposed to go back to work on Friday but no way if I still feel like this. Good luck and prayers to everyone else dealing with this.

One of my daughters is experiencing a number of symptoms, fatigue, shortness of breath, headache, aches. I have some very slights symptoms, runny nose and mild aches and fatigue. Unfortunately, the rapid test center is closed today due to ice and snow so I’m staying home from work and we’ll go in tomorrow morning.

One of my daughters is experiencing a number of symptoms, fatigue, shortness of breath, headache, aches. I have some very slights symptoms, runny nose and mild aches and fatigue. Unfortunately, the rapid test center is closed today due to ice and snow so I’m staying home from work and we’ll go in tomorrow morning.
Prayers for you both.

My test was negative and I’m feeling pretty close to normal today. My daughter will get her results in 24-48 hours. I’m off work until Tuesday if she’s negative, potentially longer if she’s positive. She’s still feel pretty rough today.

Tested positive this week and am quarantined in the basement. My symptoms so far are mild. Had the aches one evening before going to bed. Lungs feel fine but have a sore throat and constant mild headache. Can breathe through my nose most of the time, still have my sense of taste, and still thankfully have high energy as I've been working outside or trying to chase birds with the pup. So far no other family members are showing symptoms. Thoughts and prayers for those who are struggling with it as I know that I'm one of the lucky ones with mild symptoms.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back