PEAX Equipment

First hand Covid symptoms

My former guitar teacher, who is responsible for setting me on a path that allows me to make money from music, has it; intubated and in a coma. My dad takes lessons from him currently and so my father got it and so did mom. Mom is in the ER and might have to be in the hospital for a while. Divine intervention would be welcome.

Some sad stories. And still everyone is so careless up here on the Hi Line. Man that bugs me. I am being SUPER careful because I DO NOT want to get sick in the land of ripoff health care. And certainly don't want to make anyone else sick or dead. That is my greatest fear. What is the matter with these people who won't mask up, social distance, or stay at home? "It's my constitutional right!" To make others sick? Someone explain that to me. I have to go to the store for essentials to feed myself and the dogs and am anxious as hell every second. Sign on the door says governor orders masks on and even the staff sorting produce don't wear them. No fresh apples for this guy!!

I just got done w/ 14 days of covid, still not sure where I got it. When it started it felt like bad arthritis in my legs followed by extreme fatigue, and then 104 temp. It felt like a bad flu w/ headaches and congestion, then I lost taste/smell about 6 days in (it took a week to return). I felt better at day 8, high fever returned at day 10 - that was disheartening but it ended shortly after. I never had breathing distress, but my breathing felt like I ran on a cold day, I couldn't take a deep breath. We used a pulse oximeter, that helps catch the most dangerous symptom of blood oxygen level dropping below 95%.

I'd recommend having Tylenol 8-hour for muscle aches ready, Motrin doesn't work for covid at all. I dosed vitamin C & D and took Zinc daily, not sure it helped.

I think it's important to remember that while many people who get the virus may have zero to mild symptoms it can be passed on to someone who may end up severely sick or worse.
There is a reason 220,000+ people have already died from it.

Yea that number of deaths isnt surprising to me at all in a nation with 42% + obesity rate, 650,000 deaths per year from heart disease, over 10% of the US is a diabetic, a country plagued with weak immune systems and vitamin D deficiencies and lack of metabolic health. We dont have a Covid problem, we have a overall health crisis across the board that no one wants to talk about, why? But by all means folks, keep eating your processed foods and hydrogenated vegetable oils while living a sedentary lifestyle then give healthy people shit for not masking up putting others at health risk. Oh the irony...

My sister, her husband, and their 1 year old all had it. Only way they noticed is my sister woke up one morning with a mild sore throat and her husband had a mild headache. She got a rapid test since she's a nurse at a hospital and she tested positive along with the other 2. You never would've known any of them had it if it wasn't for the test with how mild their symptoms were. My niece was pretty happy that her parents hung out with her for 2 weeks! Prayers for everyone who is sick or knows someone who is.

Yea that number of deaths isnt surprising to me at all in a nation with 42% + obesity rate, 650,000 deaths per year from heart disease, over 10% of the US is a diabetic, a country plagued with weak immune systems and vitamin D deficiencies and lack of metabolic health. We dont have a Covid problem, we have a overall health crisis across the board that no one wants to talk about, why? But by all means folks, keep eating your processed foods and hydrogenated vegetable oils while living a sedentary lifestyle then give healthy people shit for not masking up putting others at health risk. Oh the irony...
Thanks Mom! False equivalency here. If one chooses to live an unhealthy lifestyle in what they eat, they bear the outcome of that. “Healthy” people are not immune to COVID, and if they are not wearing masks then they are potentially infecting others. But perhaps you just don’t care.

Fortunately the vaccine is on its way, as well as monoclonol antibodies. And it's fine to wear masks and social distance, or even shut down, but let's face facts; this didn't work in Europe and it's not working here. I know for sure folks in at least one hospital rigorously mask, wash hands, etc., and staff are dying.
I'm not recommending avoiding the above measures, but if we think we will "beat the virus" by doing them we are just ignoring real world data. Pfizer and Moderna data look good though.

Thanks Mom! False equivalency here. If one chooses to live an unhealthy lifestyle in what they eat, they bear the outcome of that. “Healthy” people are not immune to COVID, and if they are not wearing masks then they are potentially infecting others. But perhaps you just don’t care.
You're welcome! Funny how adults need someone to slap their hands out of the cookie jar because they have zero self control like a heroin addict...

Exactly, you bear the outcome of the lifestyle you choose to live. And I am all for that freedom of choice to eat McDonalds for dinner, but at the same time feel bad for kids whos parents lazily feed their families garbage. Its 2020, the age of information all over the internet, books, podcast, etc on eating healthy real foods. There is no more excuses, yea its harder to watch what you eat but nothing in life good comes easy. You are correct, I do not care about an obese person yelling at me to mask up at the park while walking my dog because I am putting her life at risk, which literally happened to me. Ill gladly wear mine in essential businesses like a grocery store, but after that stay home lady if you're now all of a sudden worried about your health while you've been eating bonbons the past 3 decades.

Fortunately the vaccine is on its way, as well as monoclonol antibodies. And it's fine to wear masks and social distance, or even shut down, but let's face facts; this didn't work in Europe and it's not working here. I know for sure folks in at least one hospital rigorously mask, wash hands, etc., and staff are dying.
I'm not recommending avoiding the above measures, but if we think we will "beat the virus" by doing them we are just ignoring real world data. Pfizer and Moderna data look good though.
No one said we would "beat the virus" by following the recommendations of the world's epidemiologists (Europe included) but we can help slow infections by reducing contact opportunities for the virus per their recommendations. Staff die in the hospitals because their contact with infected is much higher than average. They are often surrounded by the disease and can do nothing about it. Nature of the job. You and I can do something about it in our less saturated environment by masking up, social distancing, etc. If nothing else, you are demonstrating to your neighbours that you care about them. And if you don't know who your neighbours are google Good Samaritan.

I had hoped me and the crew would skate by without an incident this year. We have been tested regularly, took all precautions, masks, worked remotely since March, more hand sanitizer than seemed reasonable, etc.

Flying home from Arizona on Wednesday I was watching a couple walk down the aisle toward their seats. The husband, looking in mid-60's is sweating and is the closest version of "death on a platter" I've seen in a while. They plop down one row ahead of me and across the aisle. Instantly he is coughing his lungs out. To get more breath while coughing, he would lower his mask to his chin.

I look at Marcus who is seated behind me. We share a common look that if ever we have seen someone with COVID, that guy is it.

Through out the hour-long flight he coughs every few minutes. Wife is in the window seat, he's in the aisle. When he coughs, he turns toward the aisle, turning slightly red, then almost blue, eventually slumping back in his seat when the session is over.

Glancing around as other watch the same, I can tell I am not the only person wondering, "How did this guy get allowed on this plane."

Get home Wednesday afternoon. Work from home that day, Thursday, Friday. Hmm. Maybe the guy on the plane was just a hard smoker and needed some more Camel non-filters to keep him rested.

I wake up Saturday morning to a 99.7F fever. Text my doc/hunting friend about the fever. With my underlying liver condition, he gets me tested ASAP. By Saturday night I'm a complete imitation of the guy on the plane. Mrs. Fin thinks I'm gonna need a lung transplant. Sunday morning is worse. Body aches, coughing, fever, thinking the man on the pale horse might be waiting for me out on the porch. Monday is not as bad.

This morning the results are in - positive. Explaining to the doctor where I had been and what I was exposed to, the most likely culprit is the flight home.

Fever is gone this morning. Cough is not as bad. Body aches still beyond what my age of 56 years old should provide. Thankful it seems to be trending better. If the trend on Sunday had continued, I am sure hospitalization would have been the option today. Still have my taste and smell.

Now, isolating for two weeks. Thankful it was only as bad as it was, and not worse.

Reflecting on the irony of all the precautions I have taken, along with my crew. All the tests we have submitted to before traveling. And then, on the last day of the last trip of a 100-day season, I get seated next to someone on a plane that likely was positive.

Fortunately Marcus was a row behind me. He is symptom free at this point and in the wilds of Idaho helping Michael on an elk hunt. Hoping he doesn't have it.

Sorry to hear that, Randy. I'll be thinking about you and I hope you continue to get better each day. And I hope none of us will be that guy on the plane... There's some light at the end of the tunnel folks. Keep being careful and considerate!

I had hoped me and the crew would skate by without an incident this year. We have been tested regularly, took all precautions, masks, worked remotely since March, more hand sanitizer than seemed reasonable, etc.

Flying home from Arizona on Wednesday I was watching a couple walk down the aisle toward their seats. The husband, looking in mid-60's is sweating and is the closest version of "death on a platter" I've seen in a while. They plop down one row ahead of me and across the aisle. Instantly he is coughing his lungs out. To get more breath while coughing, he would lower his mask to his chin.

I look at Marcus who is seated behind me. We share a common look that if ever we have seen someone with COVID, that guy is it.

Through out the hour-long flight he coughs every few minutes. Wife is in the window seat, he's in the aisle. When he coughs, he turns toward the aisle, turning slightly red, then almost blue, eventually slumping back in his seat when the session is over.

Glancing around as other watch the same, I can tell I am not the only person wondering, "How did this get get allowed on this plane."

Get home Wednesday afternoon. Work from home that day, Thursday, Friday. Hmm. Maybe the guy on the plane was just a hard smoker and needed some more Camel non-filters to keep him rested.

I wake up Saturday morning to a 99.7F fever. Text my doc/hunting friend about the fever. With my underlying liver condition, he gets me tested ASAP. By Saturday night I'm a complete imitation of the guy on the plane. Mrs. Fin thinks I'm gonna need a lung transplant. Sunday morning is worse. Body aches, coughing, fever, thinking the man on the pale horse might be waiting for me out on the porch. Monday is not as bad.

This morning the results are in - positive. Explaining to the doctor where I had been and what I was exposed to, the most likely culprit is the flight home.

Fever is gone this morning. Cough is not as bad. Body aches still beyond what my age of 56 years old should provide. Thankful it seems to be trending better. If the trend on Sunday had continued, I am sure hospitalization would have been the option today. Still have my taste and smell.

Now, isolating for two weeks. Thankful it was only as bad as it was, and not worse.

Reflecting on the irony of all the precautions I have taken, along with my crew. All the tests we have submitted to before traveling. And then, on the last day of the last trip of a 100-day season, I get seated next to someone on a plane that likely was positive.

Fortunately Marcus was a row behind me. He is symptom free at this point and in the wilds of Idaho helping Michael on an elk hunt. Hoping he doesn't have it.
Glad your ok 👌🏻
Matt

I am starting my second week in quarantine today. It was mandatory after returning to Canada from Montana. And I DO NOT have a problem with that. People in Montana were way too careless. Grocery store customers and staff maskless and no sanitizer or social distancing. Needless to say I didn't buy any produce! Frozen TV dinners all the way! I was nervous about grabbing dogfood bags. Went into a Hi Line coffee shop to access wifi and find out why my bank card was suddenly not working. The maskless owner/manager putting up Christmas decorations coughed on me as I came in the door. "Really?" She shrugs her shoulders. Not sure when I last flipped anyone the bird in a public place. More than thirty years for sure. That hag should feel honoured.

So now some guy who had to have his maskless freedom on a plane is putting Randy out of work for at least a couple of weeks. What about his rights? The last thing in the world I want is to make someone else sick ... or dead. Wearing a mask may or may not prevent it. But if someone I know or love gets sick, they will know I did my best to prevent it. They will know I cared about others more than myself. Such a small sacrifice to make.

Last edited:
I just got out of quarantine on Sunday. My whole family had it. My 12 y/o daughter was first and I must have got it from her. My kids barely had a sniffle, but I had everything you hear about - chills body aches, fever, headache, dizziness, including pneumonia. That was about as sick as I can ever remember being. I spent the better part of 4 days in my recliner under a blanket. Im still feeling draggy and have a soupy cough mostly in the morning, but I'm a lot better. My wife is still at home sick.

I figured we were going to catch it eventually, it seems to be everywhere now. It's worth avoiding, if you can swing it.

Some sad stories. And still everyone is so careless up here on the Hi Line. Man that bugs me. I am being SUPER careful because I DO NOT want to get sick in the land of ripoff health care. And certainly don't want to make anyone else sick or dead. That is my greatest fear. What is the matter with these people who won't mask up, social distance, or stay at home? "It's my constitutional right!" To make others sick? Someone explain that to me. I have to go to the store for essentials to feed myself and the dogs and am anxious as hell every second. Sign on the door says governor orders masks on and even the staff sorting produce don't wear them. No fresh apples for this guy!!
I am starting my second week in quarantine today. It was mandatory after returning to Canada from Montana. And I DO NOT have a problem with that. People in Montana were way too careless. Grocery store customers and staff maskless and no sanitizer or social distancing. Needless to say I didn't buy any produce! Frozen TV dinners all the way! I was nervous about grabbing dogfood bags. Went into a Hi Line coffee shop to access wifi and find out why my bank card was suddenly not working. The maskless owner/manager putting up Christmas decorations coughed on me as I came in the door. "Really?" She shrugs her shoulders. Not sure when I last flipped anyone the bird in a public place. More than thirty years for sure. That hag should feel honoured.

So now some guy who had to have his maskless freedom on a plane is putting Randy out of work for at least a couple of weeks. What about his rights? The last thing in the world I want is to make someone else sick ... or dead. Wearing a mask may or may not prevent it. But if someone I know or love gets sick, they will know I did my best to prevent it. They will know I cared about others more than myself. Such a small sacrifice to make.

The hunting trip you took was a nonessential trip and you did it in order to indulge yourself in a nonessential activity. If you were as high minded and self righteous about COVID as you claim to be then you would of foregone one hunting season instead of taking a chance of moving across international borders and coming to an area that had an outbreak. Instead you want to bad mouth everyone who didn't conform to your will and do as you say in order to allow you to indulge yourself. If your house has a mirror in it, then go take a look in it, the guy looking back at you; he suffers from some major issues of being a dick.

I am curious why you refused to follow the Canadian governments recommendations on non essential travel but have no problem whining about others not following recommendations down here?

Nemont

Last edited:

Glancing around as other watch the same, I can tell I am not the only person wondering, "How did this get get allowed on this plane."

Glad you are on the up and up...Think about how many folks that man potentially infected.

This thread is sobering. I have personally known 3 people now for whom Covid was fatal. I hope all who have contributed suffer no permanent side-effects.

Glancing around as other watch the same, I can tell I am not the only person wondering, "How did this guy get allowed on this plane."
I honestly cannot believe people are so selfish. He will never know if he has killed someone by getting on that plain or maybe 100's or 1000's. The Delta Dahmer.....

The hunting trip you took was a nonessential trip and you did it in order to indulge yourself in a nonessential activity. If you were as high minded and self righteous about COVID as you claim to be then you would of foregone one hunting season instead of taking a chance of moving across international borders and coming to an area that had an outbreak. Instead you want to bad mouth everyone who didn't conform to your will and do as you say in order to allow you to indulge yourself. If your house has a mirror in it, then go take a look in it, the guy looking back at you; he suffers from some major issues of being a dick.

Nemont
A little bit of column A.
A little bit of column B.

I got over it a couple weeks ago. Overall, symptoms were mild. Days 1 & 2 were body aches and irritating cough. Days 3-11 were just fatigue, head congestion, easily winded, and a headache throughout. I had 3 non-consecutive days of fever 100-ish. After day 10 you're not contagious, at least with mild symptoms, or so they say. It just kept hanging around and that was very irritating. I called my primary care doc about the sinus stuff and he figured it had morphed into a plain old bacterial sinus infection and put me on antibiotics. That cleared up my nose by day 14. I never did lose taste or smell. I should have called him sooner, I think I switched from covid issues to boring old sinus infection issues on about day 7 or 8.

Some recommendations: Keep a pulse O2 monitor handy. I had no idea they were so cheap so we picked one up for the home kit. From what I've read, your O2 can start tanking before you feel horrible, and then the hospital is playing catch up with you. Keep a lot of cold meds handy, I burned through a whole box and still had sinus issues so needed more. Have a plan for isolating and medicating everyone in the home away from each other, it's tougher than you think. Thankfully we didn't have to go there. Only use Afrin for 3 days, after that it could start working against you. I've had docs tell me more than 4 days per month on ibuprofen is bad in general, so I tried leaning on acetaminophen more than Ibx.

Honestly, my biggest trouble was not being a grumpy A-hole the second week. I've been way sicker in my life, I'm just used to getting better after a week. And isolation doesn't help. I'm very thankful it wasn't worse. Pro tip, don't pick fights on social media no matter how salty and isolated you're feeling...you don't get anywhere even when you're right.

I'm 49, active, lift often and am outside as much as my Ward Cleaver lifestyle permits. At 5'9" 230 lbs I'm probably considered obese by some measures, but I'm generally built like a fire hydrant. I could stand to lose 20 lbs but still hike most of my friends into the ground. I read a bunch on how beekeepers have high T-cell counts and higher RPM immune systems in general. But that either didn't help me, or maybe it just helped me not get any sicker.

I've no idea where I picked it up. I consistently mask up in stores and around the office. I'm not a mask zealot either way, I think they help a little but not much in the grand scheme of things.

Best of luck, Randy and all others. Hopefully it stays mild and we can all get through this quickly.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back