Caribou Gear

First hand Covid symptoms

I got my 2nd dose of moderna at 3:30 yesterday. Felt fine when I woke up at 4:30 this am. By 6 felt like I had a slight hangover, possibly was self induced. Did a bunch of outside work from 7 till 9:30. Not to physical, but there was some climbing and lifting involved. 9:45 cam back inside to answer emails. Head ache has gotten worse, legs feel like I’ve walked 10 mountain miles, and chills.

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
As an ICU nurse I have taken care of many people with it. If your young and in good health, you'll probably feel crappy, maybe very crappy, for a week to ten days. If your over 60 and overweight, you had better get to a doctor if the symptoms get worse. This is nothing to mess around with. Hauled way to many people to the morgue in the last year. Stay well

I got my 2nd dose of moderna at 3:30 yesterday. Felt fine when I woke up at 4:30 this am. By 6 felt like I had a slight hangover, possibly was self induced. Did a bunch of outside work from 7 till 9:30. Not to physical, but there was some climbing and lifting involved. 9:45 cam back inside to answer emails. Head ache has gotten worse, legs feel like I’ve walked 10 mountain miles, and chills.
symptoms from the second shot start after about 12 hours and usually last about 24 hours. Some people have brain fog for several days

As an ICU nurse I have taken care of many people with it. If your young and in good health, you'll probably feel crappy, maybe very crappy, for a week to ten days. If your over 60 and overweight, you had better get to a doctor if the symptoms get worse. This is nothing to mess around with. Hauled way to many people to the morgue in the last year. Stay well
Thanks. I did good with it. Had some long term effects but starting to get back to feeling normal. Definitely strange stuff. Glad everything is starting to look up. Been a crazy year.

The flip side of the drained/cruddy sensation... 1-2 days and it will be as if nothing happened.
Hazing ritual commenced.

Grats on joining the Fraternal Order of Covid.
symptoms from the second shot start after about 12 hours and usually last about 24 hours. Some people have brain fog for several days
It’s getting better, but I have the worst headache I’ve ever had. I still go between burning hot and freezing cold. This Afternoon I wasn’t sure if I should poop, pee puke or do all three, but that seems to be gone!

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
I've got nothing to share that will help you - except this: Wishing you a speed recovery and get well soon!

I had COVID in early January. Wasn't too bad other than cold-like symptoms and fatigue for about ten days.

Just got my first Moderna shot yesterday. Sore arm and that's it so far. Definitely mixed feelings about the vaccine but I talked to my personal physician extensively and other medical professional friends I know and felt comfortable getting it after those conversations.

To each their own, if you don't want to get it done then don't, but I believe the more people that get vaccinated will expedite us getting things back to normal as quickly as possible.

Hell, I could be wrong but I have four Canadian hunts stacked up and want the damn border to open and am guessing a COVID vaccination will be required to cross.

Just my opinion, like I said, I could certainly be wrong, happens all the time! :)

I had COVID in early January. Wasn't too bad other than cold-like symptoms and fatigue for about ten days.

Just got my first Moderna shot yesterday. Sore arm and that's it so far. Definitely mixed feelings about the vaccine but I talked to my personal physician extensively and other medical professional friends I know and felt comfortable getting it after those conversations.

To each their own, if you don't want to get it done then don't, but I believe the more people that get vaccinated will expedite us getting things back to normal as quickly as possible.

Hell, I could be wrong but I have four Canadian hunts stacked up and want the damn border to open and am guessing a COVID vaccination will be required to cross.

Just my opinion, like I said, I could certainly be wrong, happens all the time! :)

What evidence, rationale or studies did your doctor cite to come to the conclusion that vaccination was necessary for someone that has gained natural immunity?
Reinfection rates are extremely low. Severe symptoms in the rare case of reinfection are almost non existent.
It probably doesn’t hurt to get vaccinated but the Fauci/CDC/Pharma narrative that natural immunity transitioned from an indisputable, widely accepted, biological fact to being a conspiracy theory around 13 months ago is bunk.

I’m not picking on you. I think it’s great you got vaccinated if you wanted to and great that we are finally at a point where everyone that wants one can get one, but 4 months ago, watching my wife’s grandmother be isolated in her last days for an extra month unvaccinated, while 23 year old nurses that already had antibodies were pushed to the front of the line, was infuriating.
This was allowed to happen because of the narrative that keeps getting pushed down from the top that natural immunity means nothing. And it’s simply untrue.

What evidence, rationale or studies did your doctor cite to come to the conclusion that vaccination was necessary for someone that has gained natural immunity?
Reinfection rates are extremely low. Severe symptoms in the rare case of reinfection are almost non existent.
It probably doesn’t hurt to get vaccinated but the Fauci/CDC/Pharma narrative that natural immunity transitioned from an indisputable, widely accepted, biological fact to being a conspiracy theory around 13 months ago is bunk.

I’m not picking on you. I think it’s great you got vaccinated if you wanted to and great that we are finally at a point where everyone that wants one can get one, but 4 months ago, watching my wife’s grandmother be isolated in her last days for an extra month unvaccinated, while 23 year old nurses that already had antibodies were pushed to the front of the line, was infuriating.
This was allowed to happen because of the narrative that keeps getting pushed down from the top that natural immunity means nothing. And it’s simply untrue.
If he wants to get on a plane or travel to foreign country it will be impossible to provide documentation of natural immunity from prior infection. Vaccination record is what they will be looking for. It may also be required to attend mass events like ball games and concerts. Should be. Makes sense.

Dealing with a couple days of vaccination side effects sure beats being stuck in a hospital on a ventilator for several weeks. If you survive you'll be stuck with side effects that are as bad or worse for a lot longer than a couple of days. But the best part of being vaccinated is knowing that you are less likely to transmit the virus to neighbours and loved ones. They get sick and you at least have some comfort knowing it's probably not your fault. You did your best to prevent it. From what I saw in Montana last fall a whole lot of people, maybe the majority, were doing their best to make sure it would be their fault. Still having trouble wrapping my head around their "do what I/you want" attitude. This is about trying to do what's best for everyone.

If he wants to get on a plane or travel to foreign country it will be impossible to provide documentation of natural immunity from prior infection. Vaccination record is what they will be looking for. It may also be required to attend mass events like ball games and concerts. Should be. Makes sense.

Dealing with a couple days of vaccination side effects sure beats being stuck in a hospital on a ventilator for several weeks. If you survive you'll be stuck with side effects that are as bad or worse for a lot longer than a couple of days. But the best part of being vaccinated is knowing that you are less likely to transmit the virus to neighbours and loved ones. They get sick and you at least have some comfort knowing it's probably not your fault. You did your best to prevent it. From what I saw in Montana last fall a whole lot of people, maybe the majority, were doing their best to make sure it would be their fault. Still having trouble wrapping my head around their "do what I/you want" attitude. This is about trying to do what's best for everyone.

Did you mean to quote me and respond to my comment?
Because your response is off-topic, and entirely unrelated to anything I said.

Did you mean to quote me and respond to my comment?
Because your response is off-topic, and entirely unrelated to anything I said.
Obviously I am responding to your response to Fshn4Eyes. The subject of your response seemed to have been was natural immunity being downplayed vs vaccination uselessness for those recovered. Explain to me why my response re documentation of vaccination is what's needed to travel etc so natural immunity effectiveness is immaterial was unrelated to that? Just because you declare it is and that makes it true?

You're correct. The second half of my response should have been in a separate post. The topic before your diversion was complaints about side effects and whether it is worth getting vaccinated. I gave my thoughts on that subject. Sorry for drifting back on topic.

Yes, you will find many more sales slogans from many more people other than her, whom have a salary in the millions upon millions of dollars a year.
None of that negates what I said, which is backed up by studies, and data.
This data shows that reinfection is rare. Reinfection causing severe disease needing hospitalization or causing death as of just a couple days ago was documented at in the single digits.

In contrast, the vaccines that we all consider being extremely safe and I would agree are extremely safe, when you look at the ratio of adverse events compared to the number of doses given, had over 900 fatalities in the VAERs system last time I looked.

If 900 and counting is safe, so is <10.

I have read that research shows that people who have had more severe cases developed a stronger immune response than folks who had a milder form of the disease. Supposedly vaccine derived immunity is more similar to the immunity derived from severe cases, particularly in the case of the mRNA vaccines because folks get two of them - very similar to being exposed to Covid twice.

In googling Vaccine Immunity vs Natural Immunity, it seems there are a lot of articles or opinions, but not a lot of studies, so I write what I wrote above with a grain of salt. I will say my neighbor had Covid in June, and just recently came down with it again. He was not vaccinated, though it is also clear he is an anecdote in the minority.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's grandmother. That is a very sad situation.

Yes, you will find many more sales slogans from many more people other than her, whom have a salary in the millions upon millions of dollars a year.
None of that negates what I said, which is backed up by studies, and data.
This data shows that reinfection is rare. Reinfection causing severe disease needing hospitalization or causing death as of just a couple days ago was documented at in the single digits.

In contrast, the vaccines that we all consider being extremely safe and I would agree are extremely safe, when you look at the ratio of adverse events compared to the number of doses given, had over 900 fatalities in the VAERs system last time I looked.

If 900 and counting is safe, so is <10.
Please understand that 900 fatalities would have pulled any other drug off the market. Look at the medications that have been pulled with 4 or 5 fatalities even indirectly attached to them. We are participants in a very large experiment, at least those of us who have had the jab.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back