First hand Covid symptoms

I got signed up with NM vaccine program.
Get texts with # assigned and told I will be notified when I am eligible.

I see on news that my age group HAS been eligible ,for a week. 60% of 65+ has gotten 1st shot.
Got no help with info from county folks. Hell there were no masks in use by staff in the courthouse when I was there last month. No one in local town had any info ,or cared. Whatever....

County is now in turqouise color status(most open/least cases) catagory.

Yesterday got my 1st haircut in 6 months. It was 6" long,lol. Anyway talking to Verlene my barber(only hairdresser/cutter/lady I know),she & family have all gotten vaccine....Fred who was leaving had gotten 2nd & is in his 70's. They said just go down to County clinic office here I sign up.
I stop on way out of town and alakazam, I have 1st shot next Tuesday. Just drive up.....

Now Verlene,the haidresser, knew the vaccine was available and how to get it.
But no one at the Main county clinic had any info,besides sign up with state.....deputy said 25% of force had gotten it but no info for me,county Emergency Management guy ,who I also know,had no info on where I could get the vaccine.

Living in the largest,least populated county in NM has it's perks and quirks. More than I knew yesterday.
My brother in Albuquerque qualified per the priority lists and drove over to Amarillo and got the vaccine with not appt necessary. Think he had same issue with lack of ability to get it done in NM.

My brother in Albuquerque qualified per the priority lists and drove over to Amarillo and got the vaccine with not appt necessary. Think he had same issue with lack of ability to get it done in NM.
It's amazing.We had the 1st labs for testing,controls and all. LANL, Sandia, not to mention all those wise folks in the IT industry here. Ideas that originated here being used elsewhere.
I have yet to find out where where I could get tested,besides going around the que,per se.

I say put a few Navy Cheif's,Marine DI's and Army logistics master sargents in charge and it would be done in a month. Whole damn country. Done, walk away. Hwy's next on list,then bridges and schools with broadband. Done .

My personal list of known victims of the rona has reached 10,as of yesterday too. And I have few friends or know anyone anymore.

It's amazing.We had the 1st labs for testing,controls and all. LANL, Sandia, not to mention all those wise folks in the IT industry here. Ideas that originated here being used elsewhere.
I have yet to find out where where I could get tested,besides going around the que,per se.

I say put a few Navy Cheif's,Marine DI's and Army logistics master sargents in charge and it would be done in a month. Whole damn country. Done, walk away. Hwy's next on list,then bridges and schools with broadband. Done .

My personal list of known victims of the rona has reached 10,as of yesterday too. And I have few friends or know anyone anymore.
I thought Trump's original plan for the vaccine roll out was to include the use of the military. I agree... assign it to them and get ready to roll up your sleeve - no political entity involved !

He said a lot of things.

More than 2 million vaccines going in arms per day.

According to the American Public Health Association, professionals who will be able to administer the COVID-19 vaccine include:

• Nurses
  • Nurse practitioners
  • Doctors
  • Students in health professions
  • Physician assistants
  • Pharmacy technicians
  • Veterinarians (who routinely administer shots to animals)
  • Dentists
  • Medics
  • EMTs
    • not able to confirm political party

Pres Joe's marionettes are doing a creditable job of facilitating project Woap Speed.

Hat's off to the health care boots on the ground. From testing to both vaccines I've been nothing but impressed, especially in the smaller locales.

I am fresh off my 10 day quarantine. I have zero clue where I got it. That part sucks but not as bad as passing it on to family members. My wife is over it now which is good. Neither my wife or I had many symptoms. I was stuffed up and a little tired for about 2-3 days. My wife had a slight cough and a sore throat. Because my congestion came on so strong so fast, I decided to get tested. I knew I was going to work the next day and didn't want to take a chance. I don't pay for tests so figured it was smart. My wife tested positive 2 days later. We were surprised we tested positive. She was sick for about 3-4 days. We took vitamin D, C and zinc per Dr orders. Overall, we had extremely mild symptoms.

My father on the other hand is not doing as well. He is only 61 but is on day 8 and battling hard. It has been tough on the family but hitting me hardest. He is such a strong man but is a cancer survivor and has high blood pressure. If you feel so inclined, I wouldn't mind a prayer going his way. I appreciate it.

My father on the other hand is not doing as well. He is only 61 but is on day 8 and battling hard. It has been tough on the family but hitting me hardest. He is such a strong man but is a cancer survivor and has high blood pressure. If you feel so inclined, I wouldn't mind a prayer going his way. I appreciate it.
Prayer sent.

I am not a front line worker, not compromised, not priority of any kind. I was told I was too young to get the vaccine any time soon. At lunch today the local VFW commander called me and said the VA had 4 doses of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine left out of 100 and I could come get a shot. So I went down and got vaccinated. So now that is over.

Nemont

Last edited:
Got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine Thursday. I felt fine yesterday but woke up sneezing last night and runny nose/sniffles today. Feels like I’m getting a cold.

Hunting Husband got first dose of Moderna Wednesday and hasn’t felt a thing.

Some places are already taking pretty much anyone who wants a vaccination. Not sure if that’s due to lots of people in priority groups declining theirs or just oversupply in some communities.

Got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine Thursday. I felt fine yesterday but woke up sneezing last night and runny nose/sniffles today. Feels like I’m getting a cold.

Some places are already taking pretty much anyone who wants a vaccination. Not sure if that’s due to lots of people in priority groups declining theirs or just oversupply in some communities.

I ended up getting first doze of pfizer yesterday due to a combination of both of these factors. Thought it was going be another month+ but was told that one place had vaccines that needed to be used ASAP since not enough people in current phase were signed up. Sounds like they are broadening the qualifications here soon.

I know several people younger than me that have been vaccinated here because they are pretty much taking anyone. I still feel funny cutting the line. The governor said yesterday that everyone 18+ in the state will be eligible by the middle of April.

Got hit with the j&j about 5 hours ago... so far so good🤞🏻 the guy next to me passed out and hit the floor like a dead fish shortly after, thankfully it was a rubberized gym floor, scary sound for sure and he appeared to be ok!

I know several people younger than me that have been vaccinated here because they are pretty much taking anyone. I still feel funny cutting the line. The governor said yesterday that everyone 18+ in the state will be eligible by the middle of April.
I know the feeling...there must be a bunch of people out there that need it worse than me. But in the last week I had already turned down two opportunities to get one because I didn’t want to jump over people. When the third opportunity came along, I figured if they are having to look that hard to find people to vaccinate, I might as well just do it and be done with it.

Meanwhile in Oregon my 80+ year old grandparents and parents with underlying conditions still can’t get appointments. What a crazy disconnect.

Meanwhile in Oregon my 80+ year old grandparents and parents with underlying conditions still can’t get appointments. What a crazy disconnect.
Man that sucks. Any idea why? My parents are younger than that and both have had theirs. I’m guessing it has something to do with location?

I get my second dose of Pfizer on the 22nd. Looking forward to being done with it.

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.
Godspeed and well wishes, brother.

Totally agree. Wasn’t trying to guilt anyone. No jabs should go to waste. ;)
Oh not at all😁 I do think a bunch of us feel the same way so it’s just interesting how this is playing out depending on where you are.

Man that sucks. Any idea why? My parents are younger than that and both have had theirs. I’m guessing it has something to do with location?
They are in Southern Oregon and it seems like they just don’t have the doses for some reason? I’m not really sure. Sounds like they might now have appointments for mid-April, I hope.

I am fresh off my 10 day quarantine. I have zero clue where I got it. That part sucks but not as bad as passing it on to family members. My wife is over it now which is good. Neither my wife or I had many symptoms. I was stuffed up and a little tired for about 2-3 days. My wife had a slight cough and a sore throat. Because my congestion came on so strong so fast, I decided to get tested. I knew I was going to work the next day and didn't want to take a chance. I don't pay for tests so figured it was smart. My wife tested positive 2 days later. We were surprised we tested positive. She was sick for about 3-4 days. We took vitamin D, C and zinc per Dr orders. Overall, we had extremely mild symptoms.

To everyone with a thumbs up or offering prayers...thanks. Dad has no fever now and nausea seems to have passed so he is looking up. Still having a hard time staying awake but things are positive. Today is day 12 for him. Again, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back