Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

First Episode is ready to air

Reminder is set for the 10pm show (Mtn time) tonite.

Looking forward to it.

Are you doing any other types of hunting for the show (waterfowl, birds, etc) or just big game?

Show was good. Best shot for me was when the camera was behind your Uncle with the elk running in front down below. Too bad the one bull stayed on the private land.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate staged scenes...only needed for idiots in my book.

Last edited:
jereep

Larry Stickler should win an academy award..."If we shot one down there, I'd have to sell him." That may go down as famous as Doc Holliday's "I'm your hucklberry!"
:hump:

Well, I'll be in Bozeman at the bar in spirit though I'm probably way over a thousand miles away. That's a great idea. Oak and Bugler, etc. are into acting now? Oh boy, take 2, take 3, etc. Hope you're a good directoe and producer and camera man, is that all you?

Well this BLOWS I cant get it on cox here, well at least I dont see it anywere.
please tell me someone taped it. I will pay for every episode if someone tapes it for me.

Great show!!! I am certain it will be a success. Del, I recorded it on my dvr, which I dont think I would be able to copy that anyway. But I am going to have my brother record on a disc that I can get to you. BTW cox sucks. The OC is one of the big reasons I switched to dish. All cox has is versus, which just shows the same crap over and over again.

I watched the midnight one and it was a breath of fresh air, as you say, real hunting, real hunters. I have cable TV again, my significant other is domesticating me. I hadn't watched many shows for years. Just in the last day, I've watched as many shows as I did in the past several years probably. I enjoyed the 777Ranch hunt/show after your "On Your Own" hunt, but do those type hunts at way cheaper places.

I look forward to more "On Your Own" hunting shows!

Great show Randy!!! I watched both airings of it. I think it really captured the On-Your-Own experience.

Glad you guys liked it. I have received many emails from people who saw the show, then came and looked at the site. Very, very, encouraging. To say we hit the mark, as far as a message people can relate to, would be an understatement. Every email was encouraging us to continue down this path.

Thanks to all of you who have supported me/us as we have undertaken this endeavor. You guys have been the best test sample a show could ever ask for. I hope we have produced something you find worthwhile.

If any of you are inclined to share your opinions of the show with Outdoor Channel, feel free to do so. In fact, if you do so, it will make a big difference to them, knowing that they are appreciated for sticking their neck out and taking on this new type of hunting programming.

Click here to provide your feed back to Outdoor Channel.

And, if you have friends, here or on other sites, who might want to see the airing on Sunday, please send them a reminder or post a notice. The next airing is Sunday at 3:00 pm (Mountain Time).

Next week we will have Episode Two, a New Mexico archery elk hunt. The airtimes are the same every week. Fridays at 11:30 am and 10:00 pm, and Sundays at 3:00 pm (all times Mountain Time).

Glad its on three times so I have one more chance to catch it.Told wife to tape it ,that didn't happen.Sat down to watch it last night and was an hour off so got the last minute of it.Hope Sunday I don't miss it.What I did see looked good as I'm sure the rest will be when I get to see it.Good job!

If any of you are inclined to share your opinions of the show with Outdoor Channel, feel free to do so. In fact, if you do so, it will make a big difference to them, knowing that they are appreciated for sticking their neck out and taking on this new type of hunting programming.

Thank you e-mail sent.

Caught the airing this afternoon. I think you will have a hit on your hands. Good Job.

Caught the show a little while ago, great stuff and I like the no outfitters angle. I think it will be a hit.

Not Bad

I like the idea of the show but would like more of a no acting or staged shots approach. The perfect show would be your idea of all public land, no outfitter, no high fences mixed with Primos the truth. I dont like the staged shots and angles of the camera or the "Acting" part of it. I like the "home video" approach. Just my 2 cents but I like your idea.

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate all of them. Comments from viewers are what will form this show as it evolves.

I received so many emails, I am still amazed. Just replied to over fifty of them this evening.

Denzdye:

Not sure what to do about that issue. We are the only show I know that uses two cameras, and we do so to reduce the amount of "acting" that is needed. We are able to get everything real time, with one camera on the hunter and one on the animal. It doesn't always work, but usually works.

That episode only had one re-enactment, and that is obvious - when the camera is in front of Larry as he is pulling the trigger on the elk.

Everything else in that episode was live, and as it was happening. No other "acting."

Maybe it is just the way Larry and I come across and interact with each other. Thanks for the input.

I like the idea of the show but would like more of a no acting or staged shots approach. The perfect show would be your idea of all public land, no outfitter, no high fences mixed with Primos the truth. I dont like the staged shots and angles of the camera or the "Acting" part of it. I like the "home video" approach. Just my 2 cents but I like your idea.

Having done a couple of the shows with Randy I can speak from experience. I can appreciate your distaste for reinactments I don't really care for them either. Randy has spent lots of extra money for the 2nd camera man to help eliminate that aspect as well as catching unbelievable footage. The shots of them running down that muddy embankment were the real deal. The trick with filming is that you have to think ahead of what you might be thinking or going to do so that the viewer actually can see you do it in real time. This means that your camera man has to fall on his butt ahead of you as he goes down the muddy embankment first. Then he can film you really doing it. No acting. If we were to put cameras on our heads and film as we hunted "home video style" you'd be sicker than a dog on a merry-go-round. Way too much wobbling and poor footage. These two camera men were awesome. Both hard core hikers trying to get ahead and show you everything. You'll hopefully see a knarly rock slide shot in the Montana Elk hunt episode that really shows you what the cameramen go through to catch "no acting shots".

Too be honest I don't think he'll ever have Primos Truth type of action on every episode, just for the mere fact we weren't spending 10k plus to hunt on private ranches. His next episode is pretty action packed with elk though. The viewer needs to realize that these hunts were all accessable lands. This was the real deal as far as the average Joe would experience. Not too many other shows that show other hunters cruising through your hunting area messing up your game plan. Not trying to excuse anything, don't think it needs any. Just hope that people can begin to understand what it takes to produce an episode with average hunters on public lands that don't have academy awards.:D

I appreciate your opinion though.

Sorry Randy hopefully I didn't mis-speak about anything. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in as well. Can't wait to see the others. I do know that things are going to getting better and better with each episode and year. I appreciate your effort too show "Normal" hunting conditions versus a pipe dream. Bart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back