Caribou Gear

First Episode is ready to air

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Friday is the big day. All the work and cost that have went into the TV side of this project will be shown for the world to decide if we have succeeded in telling the story of the average hunter - The On Your Own Hunter. I like the end result, but I might be a bit biased. ;)

This episode is a hunt that took place on the public grounds of Wyoming. Lots of elk, lots of bad weather, and many other factors that seem to pop up in every On Your Own hunt. Probably a lot like when you go hunting.

Outdoor Channel is available on all satellite providers and all cable services, so I hope you can watch it. The airtimes are listed on our home page, but just in case, here they are again. All time listed are Eastern times.

Friday - 1:30 pm

Friday - 12:00 am (Midnight)

Sunday - 5:00 pm

Here is the Hunt Talk link where I told this story, shorty after returning home from the hunt. I hope the TV show and all the editing that goes on, tells the story how it really happened. Click here to read that thread - Wyoming Elk 2009.

I hope you enjoy the show. If you find it to be something you like, hopefully you will tell your hunting friends. And, I also hope you will support the network and sponsors who are supporting this new idea. They put great value in your feedback, so if you are inclined, please email them and let them know.

Happy Hunting and Happy Independence Day!

P.S. If you are in the Bozeman area, we will have a gathering of friends to watch a special airing at the Bozeman Grill and Tavern on Friday, starting at 5:30.

Can't wait to see it. ;)

That's some serious pre-partying there. You're no amateur, are you? ;)

That is why we will have a "special airing" before the midnight version. Heck, an old coffin dodger like me is into his third nightmare by midnight.

Here is the Hunt Talk link where I told this story, shorty after returning home from the hunt. I hope the TV show and all the editing that goes on, tells the story how it really happened. Click here to read that thread - Wyoming Elk 2009.

If you don't mind sharing, what Wyoming unit is open this early in 2009?;)

Sounds like a good excuse to head to Bozeman, but I think I will head north of the border this weekend. Congrats again on the show and I am looking forward to seeing it when I get back.

That is why we will have a "special airing" before the midnight version. Heck, an old coffin dodger like me is into his third nightmare by midnight.

I think I am going to miss your party by 24 hours..... Can you call the network and have them push it all out a day to accommodate me?

Fin is there anything we can do to show that we are supporting your sponsors when we do? I'm already looking into a Leupold rangefinder because of this site.

Looking forward to it! I would be at the party, but somebody else booked the G5 for this weekend!!! I don't get it until next weekend. John

Wish I was there.

I'm sure it will be great. I will be watching from Bismarck but I wish I could be at the Bozeman Grill. My bro who lives in Bozeman is actually in Wyoming so he can't make it either. Can't wait for the show!
Friday is the big day. All the work and cost that have went into the TV side of this project will be shown for the world to decide if we have succeeded in telling the story of the average hunter - The On Your Own Hunter. I like the end result, but I might be a bit biased. ;)

This episode is a hunt that took place on the public grounds of Wyoming. Lots of elk, lots of bad weather, and many other factors that seem to pop up in every On Your Own hunt. Probably a lot like when you go hunting.

Outdoor Channel is available on all satellite providers and all cable services, so I hope you can watch it. The airtimes are listed on our home page, but just in case, here they are again. All time listed are Eastern times.

Friday - 1:30 pm

Friday - 12:00 am (Midnight)

Sunday - 5:00 pm

I hope you enjoy the show. If you find it to be something you like, hopefully you will tell your hunting friends. And, I also hope you will support the network and sponsors who are supporting this new idea. They put great value in your feedback, so if you are inclined, please email them and let them know.

Happy Hunting and Happy Independence Day!

P.S. If you are in the Bozeman area, we will have a gathering of friends to watch a special airing at the Bozeman Grill and Tavern on Friday, starting at 5:30.

3.5 hrs and counting.... Lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pretty cool looking up the show and thinking hey I know that dude from the internet world:D Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
I just finished punching 8 for english and adding the OC to my Dish statement.

Hey BF... You feel like a kid at Christmas???:D

Kinda, but more like the parents after Christmas, thinking to myself, "Now I spent all this money on what?"

Most the apprehension comes from wondering whether the surveys were correct - Do hunters really want something like this? And if so, will they support it by watching it and supporting the sponsors who are paying the freight?

Or, were they just tired of the same old stuff, and when they answered the surveys, they had a chance to gripe about what was available in outdoor TV. And now that it is here, and there are no huge whitetails being shot by beaudacious blondes, will they just change the channel?

I guess we know where I have placed my bets. And every day, the bet gets a little bigger, but the risk gets a little lower.

I am mostly excited to see what response we get from the ratings, and feedback from hunters. Since this was our first year, we will only get better, but this year is pretty damn good, in my very biased opinion.

This upcoming year will be even better, due to me having a year of experience and the production company experimenting with some things that will tell us what works real good, and what may not work that great.

And, once we have a year of feedback from viewers, we will know what they want to see, and what of their requests are feasible to produce from a budget, logistics, and production standpoint.

I am sending Oak, Bugler, Buschy, Spitz, Seacat, NV Longbow, Lawnboy, Jereep, and a few other Hunt Talkers to a crash course in acting, so they look as good as possible when they are in front of the cameras this year. In case people are wondering, being a Hunt Talker increases your odds of being a guest in On Your Own Adventures by many fold.

Pretty good first show. Reminded me of a Colorado hunt with my uncle. We had the same setup on a big mule deer that my uncle had put a stalk on but the deer was heading for the pvt fence before he was abrubtly stopped before he could make it. Think I'll watch the midnight showing also!

Got a chance to watch the second half of the show. I've been in that spot so many times in MT where they just won't cross that fence. Great job looking forward to more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back