Finally reached my goal! - Walleye

Bugle 'Em In

I’ve always wanted to catch a 30” walleye. Last night during a quick fishing expedition on a nearby lake, I finally achieved that personal goal of mine.

After one helluva solid fight, with numerous runs and head shakes, I got to take my photo with this beauty.

She ended up measuring 30.5”. No idea on weight. She was tired but the result was a successful release for someone else to catch another day.

Attachments

• D4DFD13A-1E6A-41C7-8430-1197EF36372B.jpeg
    D4DFD13A-1E6A-41C7-8430-1197EF36372B.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for putting her back! I'll prob never see that body of water in my lifetime, but just kills me to see people take out those big females.

Great pic!

Thanks for the kind words.
My better half and I went out for another morning on the water. We caught a few walleyes, but it was a grind. Biggest couple were right at 19". Unfortunately, I found a large walleye floating that had been dead for some time. She measured right at 29" and weighed 10.86 lbs. I was bummed to find that one.

I’ve always wanted to catch a 30” walleye. Last night during a quick fishing expedition on a nearby lake, I finally achieved that personal goal of mine.

After one helluva solid fight, with numerous runs and head shakes, I got to take my photo with this beauty.

She ended up measuring 30.5”. No idea on weight. She was tired but the result was a successful release for someone else to catch another day.
Well done! And what a beautiful location to reach that personal achievement!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back