MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fin question for you

174in

Seems alot of the folks here showed intrest in the trapping post others and I have put up.I think I remember you doing some trapping in the past.Would you mabye be able to do a little trapping episode in the upcoming season or is it to touchy of a subject for tv? Id like to see some western cat and wolf trapping or anything you guys catch out there.

I would second that suggestion even if I can't watch the show as it airs and have to wait for the DVD.

We have thought about it. Unfortunately, in this business, ad agencies review your episodes and make sure you are representing the use of their client's products. Not much of what we do in a trapping episode would feature sponosr products. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but the realities of the business side of what we film. Given what these companies pay to allow us to provide the self-guided public land message, I am willing to follow the directions of their ad agencies.

We are in the process of making some changes to the website that will have some cool video stuff that won't be on TV. That would be a good place to add some trapping footage. It will not be nearly as professional as if we did a full on TV episode, but would be enough to make people interested and hopefully learn something in the process. Probably six months away from that being completed.

We had thought about doing a wolf hunting episode that would also have some trapping, but at the request of Mrs. Fin, I decided not to. Given the huge volume of threats and death wishes that came with the wolf hunting episode, she was already uncomfortable enough that when I am on the road, she has a fully loaded and plug-removed 12 guage in the bedroom. She knows how much more controversy comes from trapping and I think she is correct in her worry that a trapping episode could put some unstable idiot over the edge.

Would they carry out any of the ignorant wishes expressed by wolf lovers that our house burn with me in it, our dogs mysteriously die, our family be subject to a mysterious tragedy, or the list of other stupid things they wished upon us? I don't know. Doesn't take too much for simple minds to go from wishing something, to acting on a whim that would convert a wish to a reality.

Sad commentary on our society when you cannot film and air a legal activity without legitimate concern for your safety, or the safety of your family.

I want to do some of this, so don't give up on us. It would probably be wolf trapping, bobcat trapping, and water sets for beaver.

For me as a viewer, that sucks. However, I do see the position you're in and fully support your decision. I look forward to the online content as I'm too cheap to pay for the Sportsmans Channel.

Understandable response Fin.I will be watching here for some vids maybe.I know after the hunting season you have to get bored and need more stuff to do outdoors.You might even be able to make a little spare change in the process.

We had thought about doing a wolf hunting episode that would also have some trapping, but at the request of Mrs. Fin, I decided not to. Given the huge volume of threats and death wishes that came with the wolf hunting episode, she was already uncomfortable enough that when I am on the road, she has a fully loaded and plug-removed 12 guage in the bedroom. She knows how much more controversy comes from trapping and I think she is correct in her worry that a trapping episode could put some unstable idiot over the edge.

This sucks that people are such complete jerks!!! Probably a good call on not putting it on TV, unfotunately for us!!! This bums me out beyond belief!!!! My first thought was to post these creeps info on this forum and we will help you handle this Fin, but that is not a good idea either. I do hope you turned these jerks into the FBI, or whatever agency that needs to be informed!!!!

We are in the process of making some changes to the website that will have some cool video stuff that won't be on TV. That would be a good place to add some trapping footage. It will not be nearly as professional as if we did a full on TV episode, but would be enough to make people interested and hopefully learn something in the process. Probably six months away from that being completed.

Well, I hope we get some of this online. And I would suggest some upland and waterfowl hunting too!!!!

Sad commentary on our society when you cannot film and air a legal activity without legitimate concern for your safety, or the safety of your family.

WOW- that is sad! You're sure right- that really is a sad commentary about a small minority of very vocal and crazy people in our world today. Crazy idiot liberal nutjobs suck! ...and for the record, I work with some very bright and thoughtful liberals who aren't the crazy idiot nutjob type. They do exist, however few and far between they may be!

Sorry that concern even exists for you and your family, Randy. Keep up the good fight!
Scott

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back