feral cat

I need a little help from the cat owners here. The usual baits ain't working on this one, ideas please?

ehPAIle.jpg

I had a black one walk by my stands on one of my leases in Central WI every time I was thee. I had it on just about every trail cam. I would not waste and arrow/broadhead on one but would use my .22 cal discovery on it. We have a few around the house Im itching to remove.
That wasn't a feral cat, it was a black panther! 🤣

I need a little help from the cat owners here. The usual baits ain't working on this one, ideas please?

ehPAIle.jpg

Honey soy chicken wings are like crack for cats.
A tip for putting food in the trap - put a small saucer of water down first and put food bowl in saucer - stops ants getting to food.

I live in the country and don't like feral cats, but I am too worried about shooting some kid's pet so they get a pass. I don't think posting pictures of dead house cats on a hunting forum helps the sport or the forum.
It's alright, I think he played it safe and didn't actually kill them in the house!

Question, how does whacking the neighbor's barn cat while it cruises the creek bottom, differ from whacking the neighbors German Sheppard while it cruises the horn hunting grounds?

Another question, how does swerving to run over the neighbor's cat that is crossing the road, differ from shooting that same cat while it crosses the pasture?

Oh and another, how does posting pictures of shot cats on the internet differ from posting pictures of incidentally trapped dogs on the internet?

For the record...While I would defend another person's right to kill a feral cat or dog, I think it is bullshit to post the pictures on a hunting forum.
Sounded to me like the OP had permission to be there and the land owner wanted the cats thinned out...he said nothing about them being the neighbors cats...why do the cats suddenly belong to the neighbors ?

Question, how does whacking the neighbor's barn cat while it cruises the creek bottom, differ from whacking the neighbors German Sheppard while it cruises the horn hunting grounds?

Another question, how does swerving to run over the neighbor's cat that is crossing the road, differ from shooting that same cat while it crosses the pasture?

Oh and another, how does posting pictures of shot cats on the internet differ from posting pictures of incidentally trapped dogs on the internet?

For the record...While I would defend another person's right to kill a feral cat or dog, I think it is bullshit to post the pictures on a hunting forum.

Most excellent rhetorical questions and comparisons :unsure:

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back