feral cat

FAIR CHASE

Lady living there was happy to have a few less roaming around. As were all the birds.

HkzFfxT.jpg

g93GBnL.jpg

Last edited:
I'm no fan of feral cats by any means, but there are people in the world who are huge cat fans and might raise a pretty big stink about this....

Me personally, I would take the post/photos down, I'd hate to see some kind of legal trouble come your way because of it. Honestly just trying to help.

I had a black one walk by my stands on one of my leases in Central WI every time I was thee. I had it on just about every trail cam. I would not waste and arrow/broadhead on one but would use my .22 cal discovery on it. We have a few around the house Im itching to remove.

What kind of legal trouble? Or is shooting cats illegal in MT?

Honestly don't know. I'm not too familiar with the new law that went into affect "The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act, or PACT Act". All I'm saying is I personally wouldn't post about it because I've known crazy cat people who would go crazy about something like this.

From your link:
``(1) In general.--This section does not apply with regard
to any conduct, or a visual depiction of that conduct, that is--
``(A) a customary and normal veterinary,
agricultural husbandry, or other animal management
practice;
``(B) the slaughter of animals for food;
``(C) hunting, trapping, fishing, a sporting
activity not otherwise prohibited by Federal law,
predator control, or pest control;

That law is focused on 'crush' videos. Nothing to do about legal varmint hunting.

From your link:
``(1) In general.--This section does not apply with regard
to any conduct, or a visual depiction of that conduct, that is--
``(A) a customary and normal veterinary,
agricultural husbandry, or other animal management
practice;
``(B) the slaughter of animals for food;
``(C) hunting, trapping, fishing, a sporting
activity not otherwise prohibited by Federal law,
predator control, or pest control;

That law is focused on 'crush' videos. Nothing to do about legal varmint hunting.

I'll reiterate:

Honestly don't know. I'm not too familiar with the new law that went into affect "The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act, or PACT Act". All I'm saying is I personally wouldn't post about it because I've known crazy cat people who would go crazy about something like this.

You do you, I'm just trying to be helpful is all.

I have friend who has cats running around their barn yard, unfixed, looking nasty and diseased, yet will send me a fisher on a trail cam pic and says “Do I need kill this?” Nah man you need to shoot that cat sitting in your barn with eyes full of goop and with its ears mostly froze off. Sorry I had to rant, I seriously hate outdoor cats. All of them.

Last edited:
The only good cat out of a house is a dead cat. As mentioned above they are incredibly destructive and, similar to the feral horse problem, killing them is really the only answer. In Denver there is a huge colony. They have wiped out native fauna from entire sections and are horrendous disease carriers/spreaders. Too bad when logic gets overrun by nonsense.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back