Yeti GOBOX Collection

feral cat

You've done this before ;)

Thanks for the tip.

In the bush they are shoot on sight BUT I use the trap at home (suburbia) Anything that comes in my yard is fair game - and it’s 100% legal here, as long as I treat the trapped cat humanely. I take the trap, with cat in it, to the local animal shelter. They transfer it to there cage or holding pen. They then go about identifying the owner. If it is microchipped, all the better for the owner. They are charged $90 to get it out of “cat jail”. If I catch it again, the release fee goes up more.

Regular cat food also works. The key is keeping the ants off it, hence the saucer of water. I only set trap in the evening, when they are more active and on the prowl. For the night, I just leave the food beside the trap. If it gets eaten, I put more out the next night. 3rd night is inside the trap. I think I’m at about 13 in 6 months and never caught the same cat twice.

I need a little help from the cat owners here. The usual baits ain't working on this one, ideas please?

ehPAIle.jpg

your trap has too much cover over the top. Open it up and make sure you have air flow over the bait. The scent is what makes them go inside.

This thread and the vice video has made me start live trapping cats. I have caught four in my first two weeks of trapping. None of them have collars and all appeared to have some form of mange. The birds in our area have started to notice. I have found four ground laying nests for different birds on our property. I am not going to mow my field now and just turn my property into a bird sanctuary.

Some pages back a poster asked what would happen if there was a thread like this for feral dogs. I have seen free ranging dogs running deer on public land more than a mile from the nearest house. I asked our legendary local Conservation Officer about it once and he said that by law only a LEO could shoot a dog running wildlife, but a dog running livestock was classed as an AG depredation issue.

My SIL recently had to destroy a yearling due to being dog ran. The dog's owner admitted fault and rendered restitution. Pretty much shoot on sight in cattle country.

Had a Feral cat come through the screen door (claws sliced right through the screen) and attack my house cat.
mine has no front claws and got his butt kicked. Couple hundred bucks at the vet and he just laid near the litter box for 3 days.
Live trapped the feral and got rid of it.
Now a neighbors cat runs loose and comes over to irritate mine and they have gotten into it while mine was outside w/ me
but have not done anything about it. Was thinking bout live trapping it and bringing it over and asking them to keep it home

Last edited:
Had a Feral cat come through the screen door (claws sliced right through the screen) and attack my house cat.
mine has no front claws and got his butt kicked. Couple hundred bucks at the vet and he just laid near the litter box for 3 days.
Now a neighbors cat runs loose and comes over to irritate mine and they have gotten into it while mine was outside w/ me
but have not done anything about it. Was thinking bout live trapping it and bringing it over and asking them to keep it home
1589484255692.png

CCI subsonic segmented .22 lr...

It was a quote I put up tht a was a little on the crass side, I thot better of it.
But I agree w/ you
No bother brother, ain't America great.....discussion is what's needed in sooo many situations.
I can't understand why a cat does not have to follow all the same regs as a dog. If it's a pet it should be under owners control. If it ain't a pet, and I believe most states do not list them as wildlife, then they are invasive. Simple enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back