Feeling Semi-Normal Buck

Hammsolo

2 left knee reconstructions in the last 6 months, so I promised myself I’d shoot the first legal buck I saw. Had to force myself. Thanks to my buddies Jeff and Les. Feeling blessed to feel semi-normal!

Attachments

• C745A25A-EE62-42EE-9EC1-81F3F4F1841B.jpeg
    C745A25A-EE62-42EE-9EC1-81F3F4F1841B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • EE4130D4-5F73-4420-83B2-4F082155343D.jpeg
    EE4130D4-5F73-4420-83B2-4F082155343D.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Nice buck. Well done!

That's tough country. I've knocked around there a bit. I need to get back. Those pictures tell it pretty well. Freezing in the shade and roasting in the sun.

Congrats! It feels good to know you can again after being gimped up.

Kinda been there once, though not nearly what you’ve been through. Tore my hamstring a couple months before season a few years ago. Felt sooo out of shape and sore, but just being able to get out, find a deer, and pack it back to the truck very s-l-o-w-l-y felt like a great accomplishment. Surely makes you appreciate just being able to go hunt a lot more.

Nice work, you did better than me, all I managed to turn up this weekend was a bunch of does and a fork horn. Saw more deer than hunters so I guess that's a success.

Very nice. I was in an almost sorta similar situation last week… I’ve been down in my back again, this time requiring a shot and other medication to stand up straight. My daughter had a WY antelope tag that we had been planning towards for a couple years. She got to fill it, but I had to get better first. Lots of work to get better, and she ended up dropping a buck 100yd from the road after stalking a few hundred yards. We had planned on getting further back, but alas…

Congrats on your difficult achievement (obviously much more difficult than mine). I’m sure that it was quite fulfilling

Very nice. I was in an almost sorta similar situation last week… I’ve been down in my back again, this time requiring a shot and other medication to stand up straight. My daughter had a WY antelope tag that we had been planning towards for a couple years. She got to fill it, but I had to get better first. Lots of work to get better, and she ended up dropping a buck 100yd from the road after stalking a few hundred yards. We had planned on getting further back, but alas…

Congrats on your difficult achievement (obviously much more difficult than mine). I’m sure that it was quite fulfilling
Injuries suck. Sounds like you’re battling, and that’s all we can do. I’m off to hunt MT with my Bro. Missouri River Breaks for elk!

Back