Caribou Gear Tarp

Favorite "trophy of the decade"

Nice pics, guys. My personal trophy would be my 2005 CO muley; he grossed 186 6/8 and netted 177 3/8. That year was our best family hunt ever; after a week of hunting, we had killed 5 bucks and 4 elk. :D

Of course, like Dink, I was in the retarded dark ages for digital cameras and didn't start carrying until a few years ago. :mad: Yeah, I know, I should have posted that lovely reservoir tip pic in the 'regrets' thread...:eek:

Attachments

• 024_21.jpg
    024_21.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 137_3769.jpg
    137_3769.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 505
I'm not a fisherman either, so how about two hunting trophies.

2007 sheep, killed on day 13:

Dall70B-Wsmall.jpg

2008 mountain goat, currently listed 39th in B&C:

Goat-22.jpg

Didn't shoot anything great, but I did catch a fish.

Attachments

• Cabo 2009 113 - 2.jpg
    Cabo 2009 113 - 2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 474
IMG_0212.jpg

I put this ram at the top of the list for me and I'm not even the guy who pulled the trigger....this is an unlimited ram I helped this fellow take in 2006. In my mind an old ram from one of the unlimited areas is the probably the hardest trophy to take on the continent....maybe the earth. They shouldnt even be classed as the same species as limited rams. But what do I know? I'm only a lowly flatlander...grin!

I could post up two B&C mule deer or two B&C antelope and a B&C elk....this one takes the cake!!

Happy New Year to all of you!!!!

Breaks Runner, that is one heck of an unlimited ram. What time of year was that? Curious if it was an early season snow or a unit that didn't close early.

September 17th....after a three day storm. I found that ram on the 12th with one other legal ram and a sub legal one.

We should start a ram thread.....I've got lots of pics!!!

Last edited:
It was a tough call for my favorite trophy of this decade. I was lucky to get in some awesome hunts and many I'll never forget... I'd say this colorado elk is right near the top. 14 steps with a muzz.

p1000552.jpg

Last edited:
It would be my 2007 Montana Goat. I hunted goats solo. Backpacked in the Selway. I hauled my bow gear and rifle gear. The trip out was miserable on my old hips. This Billy would give me the slip each time I would stalk up the hill with my archery equipment. One the last day of my bivy hunt I took the rifle. He had the misfortune of being perched on top of the last rock outcropping I climbed. The funny thing I had him at 10 yrds.
10Goat-3.jpg

This is the cayon looking towards the Bitterroot Valley.
HuntingRoaringlion.jpg
[/IMG]

My 2009 Oregon Elk and my wife being there when I got him.

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 450
This buck because of the way it worked out on me getting him. For those that don't know, I shot and lost him. 4 days later I found him and finished him off. Unfortunately he broke his dropper but it has been fixed. It also made it sweet that my wife took her best buck.

P1070355fixed.jpg

P1020256.jpg

P1020320.jpg

No fish, so I too will post 2 deer pics.

First one is a 2003 edition of a doe. Just so happens that it is my son's first deer, taken when he was 9. This pic could probably go in the regrets thread also, but I just love his Rambo pose.

0230495-R1-015-6.jpg

Second one is my first muley, taken this past October in Wyoming.

PA011817.jpg

PA011820.jpg

He's not a monster but this is my favorite one since he's my first five point buck and he's kinda cool looking!

Attachments

• Hunting pics 105.jpg
    Hunting pics 105.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 398
pretty easy here. both taken with my bow. first one 19 yards. second pic was 23 yards. worst thing is, lost the bobcat mount when the house burnt down. really liked that mount.

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 365
  • bobcat-1.jpg
    bobcat-1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 356
Wow,
So many awesome hunt pictures. This was the first decade that I had the privilege to hunt with my son. We both have a couple of pictures to post that mean quite a lot to us.

First his...

038.jpg

BillsJavelina08014.jpg

Here are mine...

BillsKodiakHunt245.jpg

CouesDeerHunt033.jpg

--Bill

I wanna say WOW you guys have some great pics and great stories.
I have hunted my hole life but really started getting into it the past 4 years and now with a 2 yr old it makes it difficult to get out.
My best whitetail not very big 102"
And my biggest eastern turkey to date.

Attachments

• 09WIturksml.jpg
    09WIturksml.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 2008buck2100.jpg
    2008buck2100.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 347
Not my biggest ever but it was awesome hiking 5 miles to shoot one 400 yards from the truck... so lucky
picture.php

Just a cool fishing picture... I think...
picture.php

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back