Favorite Cut?

I got this somewhere off the internet, been using it for awhile to mark meat packages.
That's a great picture. I don't know why that's called top round when it is always on the bottom the way we cut it.

I was about to post this one that includes the shoulder. The website where I got it seems to be gone.

deer_meat.jpg

Heart right after the hunt, hanging tenderloins with eggs and taters the next morning! Those are a tradition, all the rest is just damn good meat!

I’m I the only one who is less than enamored with the tenderloins? I don’t find them all that tender.

i generally agree.

i tend to find the backstrap more tender.

that's also about as far as i get in knowing what cut is what. i just catergorize everything as steak, not steak, or grind.

I’m I the only one who is less than enamored with the tenderloins? I don’t find them all that tender.
Are you cutting the grain just right? I find with tenderloins if you don't get the cross cut right they're stringy, but if cut right very tender. Seems easier to cut if roasted/grilled whole.

Are you cutting the grain just right? I find with tenderloins if you don't get the cross cut right they're stringy, but if cut right very tender. Seems easier to cut if roasted/grilled whole.
Also if you eat them right away they can be a bit tough. I always age mine at least a week, grill medium rare and you can almost cut it with a fork.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back