Fat Ass Jet Skiers

AKHighmark said:
Is this the same 2 stroke oil that is in your outboard?

I was hoping somebody would ask................yes, it is the same 2 stroke oil, but when I fill up my boat with fuel I do it at the service station. I don't spill gas and oil in the water like I've seen a lot of jetskiers do. A lot of jetskiers fill up right at the shoreline and they spill gas/oil all over the place. Plus they seem to use 2 stroke oil

I'm sure some boat owners do fill up at the water too, but I just haven't seen the problem with boat owners that I've seen with jetskis.

I'm sure there are some responsible jetski owners/riders out there, just as there are responsible ATV riders. All it takes are a few bad jetskiers out there to give a bad impression on all of them. The high pitched sqeal of the little engines whining all around just drives me crazy.

They've band jet skies from some of our smaller locals lakes...I don't miss the sound (similar to a hornets nest in your ear) at all!

In CA they've really tightened up on EPA standards for watecraft...I guess on older two strokes something like 20% of the fuel gets back into the water?
I know that Lake Tahoe really had a problem with them...loosing apprx. a foot to a fott and a half of water clarity a year. I think that has a lot to do with the money bag condos and green laws...LOTS of nitrogen fertilizer running down into that lake kicking the algae up IMHO!

Not to change the subject but the big push in the Tahoe area now is to limit mountain bike access- too many preppies rutting up the trails and condensing the water runoff...

WH, Interesting question. Just as with the ATV crowd, even if there is an organization, most of the jet skiers would be too stupid and too cheap to join. The BRC is actually an industry funded "front" organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the jet ski manufacturers are funding another "front" for their industry. After all, aren't some of the manufacturers the same?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back