Fall Hunt related: Covid-19 On The Rise <See Post #9 before posting>

The Red Cross is providing antibody testing for people that donate blood.
I donated yesterday and interested to see how my test comes back.

All my hunts are instate so don't see a problem there, but supposed to visit family in Wisconsin later this summer and not sure how that is going to play out.

I'll be calling elk for my buddy in northern NM in Sept, apparently there is also some great fly fishing in the unit...guess I'll have to explain to my wife that I'll be required to stay for the full 14 days 🤷‍♂️
It's self quarintine so that would cover you.............but I'm claiming ignorance of topic,if wifey asked.

I’m glad that my Kansas whitetail archery trip is planned for after November 4th when COVID will be magically gone.

Seriously though, I would be super pissed if they do instate a mandatory 14 day quarantine instead of cancelling NR hunting and refunding everyone their money.

I’m hoping that worst case is they continue with the quarantine periods and don’t go so far as to cancel NR tags. Other than getting gas, I can easily do a weeklong hunt in MT without interacting with any humans or local businesses.

Yup I am trying to get my ducks in a row to do two weeks if necessary. Only real tricky part is going to be if my son has to fly up there or back home due to school.

A friend asked me to ask if anyone has some unused Idaho license plates laying around. Contingency planning only.
I guess it’s time for me to get that MT tax evasion LLC. Re-register my vehicle there tax free like at the FL motorhome owners do, and get my plate!
1594434649722.png

My wife and I pulled Antelope tags in both CO and WY (back to back hunts) in early October. Pending a complete shutdown of state roads and blockage of transportation, we fully plan on dragging our tails out west. I see the need to minimize interaction with people, but we have been hunting all summer in TN, KY, and TX with no issues. Eastern and Central TN just put out (effective today) a "mandatory" mask order if indoors at a business. The Governor Lee himself said it was not "enforceable" by TN Constitutional law but was obligated to "do something". And yes, I understand most of you do not care about Eastern Hunters, but knowledge of how things are being handled out east affect some of the hunters out west when we start out annual migration to your neck of the woods.

I see most of the summer infections spiking near the end of July and as August comes around there will be another spike as schools go back into session. After that, who knows what the world will bring. We take masks everywhere we go and if there are large crowds, we wear them for some protection. Flying requires you to wear them.

I just recently flew on both Delta and AA. Here is my take, Delta cares somewhat and keeps the middle seat open on all flight. AA is filling planes to capacity. These are facts to consider if you are flying relatively soon to get to a hunting location for scouting.

My wife and I pulled Antelope tags in both CO and WY (back to back hunts) in early October. Pending a complete shutdown of state roads and blockage of transportation, we fully plan on dragging our tails out west. I see the need to minimize interaction with people, but we have been hunting all summer in TN, KY, and TX with no issues. Eastern and Central TN just put out (effective today) a "mandatory" mask order if indoors at a business. The Governor Lee himself said it was not "enforceable" by TN Constitutional law but was obligated to "do something". And yes, I understand most of you do not care about Eastern Hunters, but knowledge of how things are being handled out east affect some of the hunters out west when we start out annual migration to your neck of the woods.

I see most of the summer infections spiking near the end of July and as August comes around there will be another spike as schools go back into session. After that, who knows what the world will bring. We take masks everywhere we go and if there are large crowds, we wear them for some protection. Flying requires you to wear them.

I just recently flew on both Delta and AA. Here is my take, Delta cares somewhat and keeps the middle seat open on all flight. AA is filling planes to capacity. These are facts to consider if you are flying relatively soon to get to a hunting location for scouting.

If you’ll wear a mask because of an unconstitutional order, you’ll let them take your guns, and tell you how to worship too.

If you wear the mask because you think it helps you, that’s a different can of worms.

I suppose wearing a mask because your employer requires it is different altogether.

If you’ll wear a mask because of an unconstitutional order, you’ll let them take your guns, and tell you how to worship too.

If you wear the mask because you think it helps you, that’s a different can of worms.

I suppose wearing a mask because your employer requires it is different altogether.

And what does that have to do with traveling to hunt and COVID? Nothing.

Evidently you didn't read Post #9.

It is posts like this that drive threads in the ditch. Get it back on the rails, folks.

All bets are off. I wouldn't be surprised if some states attempt to close their borders to NR's. I wont even buy my ticket till I'm actually in Colorado. As for refunds, fughetaboutit.They'll claim act of God or make something up so as not to give your money back.

I'm holding onto four Wyoming and one Montana (hopefully two when antelope results are out) tags. Canada/US border closure is obviously a huge show stopper but so would any mandatory 14 isolation periods. Best case scenario, border reopens, I can cross with no mandatory isolation order and hunt. Worst case scenario I add OTC moose and elk as well as honkers to my calendar here in Saskatchewan, go to Manitoba for whitetail and maybe seduce someone with my good looks to be my hunter host to hunt Alberta.

The border is only open for essential traffic. You use to be able to cross if you were driving straight to Alaska buttttt, theirs multiple cases of people lying at the border to go on vacation.

Several cases have been reported of US citizens crossing into Canada claiming to go to Alaska only to stay and have a vacation in the Rockies. My thoughts on this is "who the f do you think you are?". Seems like they're only being slammed with a fine which is BS considering they crossed an international boundary under false pretenses.

Last edited:
I've heard a few work places are putting in or extending a travel policy stating that anyone leaving for vacation out of state is required to quaruntee at home for 14 days after returning home. My work had this in affect actually back in April and May and ended June 1st. Idk what I'm going to do if my work goes back to this...

Well my two in state tags likely will continue without issue. Perhaps there will be less hunting pressure?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back