Fall Hunt related: Covid-19 On The Rise <See Post #9 before posting>

My plans are to help a friend who drew a good Wyoming tag. This years hunt is really special because he has a disease that has caused some major health issues and he is so looking forward to the hunt . Always a positive thinking person he's not the least concerned about the covid situation. We all have worries and concerns but its pretty relative to the view from your shoes.

I'm glad I didn't draw in CO and pay the money up front now. I wont buy my OTC tag till I actually arrive in state. Got 2 hunts at home in AZ so that's ok. I refuse to wear a mask in public. I enjoy breathing in my Freedom and Liberty too much. 🇺🇸 Plus I love being judged harshly by the sheeple. Baa baa; stay with the flock. 🤣

Postive (for hunting at least) is there doesn't seem to be the political will or individual tolerance for a complete shut down again. That doesn't rule out regional shutouts on a state or possibly even county basis. If a state prevented NRs from coming in, I could foresee class-action lawsuits. Would anyone consider that from their own point of view? These NR tags are certainly not cheap. Mostly it just makes me more confident states won't stop NRs from entering, but you never know. States need the revenue and it is hard to charge for a license and then tell people they can't use it.

The snapshot below is from San Diego County , CA. It is outbreaks not cases. You can get a good idea of where the risks are. I worry about some of these small towns who rely on the $$ from the hunting community every year. A lot of the restaurants across the country are not going to make it and these small-town businesses are particularly vulnerable. I may end up trying to order take out.
1593799929056.png

Postive (for hunting at least) is there doesn't seem to be the political will or individual tolerance for a complete shut down again. That doesn't rule out regional shutouts on a state or possibly even county basis. If a state prevented NRs from coming in, I could foresee class-action lawsuits. Would anyone consider that from their own point of view? These NR tags are certainly not cheap. Mostly it just makes me more confident states won't stop NRs from entering, but you never know. States need the revenue and it is hard to charge for a license and then tell people they can't use it.

I personally would expect my 80% refund for our Montana tags. I don't think I would sue over it but at the same time I don't think it is appropriate to sell someone something then tell them they can't use it without giving them the standard refund or making the tag good for the following season at the least.

Whoa, just saw this...definitely on my prayer list D_Walt.

We've had a few employees miss 14 days due to trace restrictions via their positive parents. (both Father's Day contact) They are back at work now and their parents are doing fine.
Thanks, up until my daughter got positive results on Wednesday I hadn’t actually known anyone personally who has it. My Wife and son are pretty sick today (Fever, aches & pains), my daughter and I have no symptoms. Was planning on a Colorado/Wyoming camping & scouting trip week after next but that’s gonna be a no go I’m afraid.

Sytes :

I personally had no plans but I had been working with my Granddaughter on a trip to Sweden this year. I also had been involved in planning a trip for one of my grandsons on a trip to Canada

We waited and watched for a few months before cancelling, but finally did cancel both trips.

I was just told yesterday that hunting on the Reservation in Arizona may not be possible this year either, but I am waiting on more information in regards to that. Again I personally would not be hunting but my family would, but maybe not now ? Dirtclod and Lv2hnt may have more information about hunting the reservations in Ariz this year.

Sytes :

I personally had no plans but I had been working with my Granddaughter on a trip to Sweden this year. I also had been involved in planning a trip for one of my grandsons on a trip to Canada

We waited and watched for a few months before cancelling, but finally did cancel both trips.

I was just told yesterday that hunting on the Reservation in Arizona may not be possible this year either, but I am waiting on more information in regards to that. Again I personally would not be hunting but my family would, but maybe not now ? Dirtclod and Lv2hnt may have more information about hunting the reservations in Ariz this year.

The White Mtn Apache Tribe is closed to all recreation now and they have no foreseeable plan to open.

The snapshot below is from San Diego County , CA. It is outbreaks not cases. You can get a good idea of where the risks are. I worry about some of these small towns who rely on the $$ from the hunting community every year. A lot of the restaurants across the country are not going to make it and these small-town businesses are particularly vulnerable. I may end up trying to order take out.
View attachment 145626
I don't see where the state game agencies wouldn't refund payments, and points if their state bans NRs, or mandates a 14 day quarantine. I don't see how it would be legal. Isn't the terms under what you purchased the tag a legal contract in a sense? If the state changed the terms via making access impossible, or difficult, couldn't it be considered breach of contract? Where's VG?

I’m not looking for your honey holes or any handouts, but if you happen to catch any 120” coues on camera and want to drop me a pin....my DMs are open
Saw a big one in the Dragoons by MT Glenn in january. I'd say 115"ish. Go get em!

I don't see where the state game agencies wouldn't refund payments, and points if their state bans NRs, or mandates a 14 day quarantine. I don't see how it would be legal. Isn't the terms under what you purchased the tag a legal contract in a sense? If the state changed the terms via making access impossible, or difficult, couldn't it be considered breach of contract? Where's VG?

Selling NR tags is an act of Interstate Commerce and the State would be hard pressed to defend itself if it didn't at least offer full refunds. But nothing surprises me any longer.

I'm glad I didn't draw in CO and pay the money up front now. I wont buy my OTC tag till I actually arrive in state. Got 2 hunts at home in AZ so that's ok. I refuse to wear a mask in public. I enjoy breathing in my Freedom and Liberty too much. 🇺🇸 Plus I love being judged harshly by the sheeple. Baa baa; stay with the flock. 🤣
Is there a function where I can block my ability to see his posts I keep accidentally reading them?

That makes sense. I wonder in some crazy scenario the tag just transferred to 2021 and there wouldn't be a 2021 draw. If you drew a super-low odds tag and the 2020 hunt was cancelled, there is definite pain and suffering and emotional distress.:)

Lol, yes there would be pain and distress. Transferring to the following year would probably make the most sense

I haven’t drawn squat for out of state this year. Still have one out of state app to come back yet. Should I draw it, I will be going.

Back