F&$% the solstice

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
It's dumb going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark... I'd rather run my trap like when it's light out to hopefully not bump any predators. But I check it early morning now. Usually 6-730 is spent running traps. Then go to normal work till I'm ready to go home lol

Not only the shortest day of the year but we had heavy cloud cover. All day. Not 1 minute of sun. Zip. Nada. I can count on one hand the number of days a year that happens. It made today extra gloomy. And to top it off, not a drop of rain.

"The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar tomorrow...it's only a day away..."!

The worst part is I don’t have any ice to fish here yet. Non ice fishing people sure are judgey…….. never get those funny looks when I crack a beer at 8am on the ice.

Amazing how quiet a church gets when the pssshhhhh of a Coor’s Banquet opening happens. I’ll probably take bottles next week.

I usually dominate the solstice by catching up on all the sleep I lost since September. This year with a 7 month old...the solstice dominates me! So I agree it can suck it!
Dealing with a 4 month old, I think he is winning.

I’ve learned I’ll never buy another house with the front door and majority of windows facing north

Ours faces East, and we have a grand total of two small windows that face south. FML its depressing. I may start some trash with ontario again. Or skip out on work and tomahawk down bridger bowl.

The winter lbs are like molasses, nearly impossible to get that burned off. Hopefully skiing helps me keep em off. Probably not tho lol

Here’s a litte Winter Blues for you sadsacks.
Arkansas River banana belt here in Canon City. Highs in the sixties here all week. No snow so far this autumn. Kids in shorts and tee shirts in schoolyards.

Winter solstice is the big reboot, the top of the hour on our annual clock. Time to wrap up what has passed, start toward what comes next. Lots of RIPs to process, including the singer/lead guitarist Paul Cotton and pedal steeler Rusty Young from the video above.

Embrace the SOLSTICE with campfire, soup & sop, mulled wine, cider, ham & cheese sliders ... friends and family gathering to celebrate and seal the season with a decorated Yule log offered to the blazing fire.

SOLSTICE campfire.jpg

Then the moon came up, illuminating the tracks and scat of a young moose that had passed through earlier in the day, heading up river on the Gallatin.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back