EXOTIC hunting in the SPRING....

Moosie,

Thanks for the info. As soon as you have confirmed dates let us know. I have a buddy that lives in Oklahoma. I would simply fly down to meet him and the 2 of us would drive the Motorhome down on Friday. I talked to him today about it and he is in - providing he doesn't have other obligations based on the dates. Whatever weekend is selected, it really doesn't matter to me, I can go any weekend.

I would more then likely opt for one with a blue tag in it's ear.

If anybody knows please inform - is this a 1 on 1 guided hunt?

I probably wouldn't fly back on Sunday as I have some freinds in San Antonio and will more then likely hook up with them on Sunday afternoon.

Let me know where to send the deposit.

Don

Once dates are determined I will be able to say yea or nea!! I was wondering if anyone would consider driving down??

It's not really a "guided" hunt like you may be used to. Thompson (the owner of the ranch) will put you in a blind in the early AM. He usually plants some feed near the blind to pull in the rams each evening. Or, if you are a little more adventurous, you can let Thompson know you want to still hunt or spot and stalk, and he'll try to accomodate you. He has a square mile fenced in. He put Moosie and I in the back blind because he knew we wouldn't be staying there for long and that way we would not be in the way or near other hunters in blinds.
But don't worry...Moosie and I and I am sure a few others will more than willing to help anyone out. Heck, I barely had my ram field-dressed before Moosie threw it over his shoulder and headed for camp. He helped a guy from Louisiana with a bad back get his ram, and in turn I helped Moosie carry his two heads on the second day. So anyone who needs help will get it!
and a smile to boot... :D

Any new developments guys. :D Just trying to get an idea for dated so I can talk with the wife.It shouldnt be a problem hopefully.Please keep me posted. :D

Moosie, pick a date. I'll drive down to San Antonio. I could put a couple of guys in my pick up with me. I'm in. He$$ that's close enough for me to drive and the price is right. The boss said "go for it". She's good at that! :D :D :D :cool:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 16 October 2001 21:26: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

Guys if Australia wasnt so frigging far you could count me in too.How come a few of you members have to consult with the wives?lol hahaha.And one small thing bothers me-- no one has mentioned the after hunt BEER it really is a necessary item on these hunter gatherings.

There's only two refrigerators at the camp to hold beer. If we hang the rams high in the walk in cooler, it will hold more beer though. March in Texas can be cool but it can be in the 90s midday also.

Moosie started another thread with two dates, here's the text. We send a $50 deposit check for each hunter made out to Thompson Temple, the ram hunt outfitter and owner, and mail it to Moosie somewhere so he can keep track of how many are coming. I suppose he could replace someone before March if a problem came up. Once he committs to Thompson though, we're committed.

I'm running 2 date out for you guys... I'm looking at MArch 23rd or MArch 30th Weekend........... Fire me off some thoughts y'all...... I talked to Temple and he said with 16 hunters...the ranch is ours.. So I'd like to get some Feedback and HAve a HUNTTALK.com WEEKEND

After the 1st of April it gets Tough for me.... I am not doing any Turkey deals.. But we could figure something out for "NEXT TIME" .... This time I'm thinking just RAMS... And Hogs if anyone is interested... that I'm working out elsewere...
--------------------

Note: I verified with my boss Thompson that this group gets aoudads for free, that is once you've agreed to pay $180 for one of the other rams.

Right on Tom that sounds GREAT for the Auodads :D :D .Either weekend will suit me fine just have to get confirmed on dates then look towards Airfare :eek: :eek: .OK let me know everything when it develops.And yes I want a hunttalk hat,I was promised one awhile back but didnt get one LOL :D :D .Cant wait for the hunt.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back