Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ewe any good?

mdunc8

Thinking about putting in for a ewe tag this year. I've only talked to one person who said they liked it. Anyone else had it before?

The one I tasted wasn't bad. I'd put it on par with antelope or a good mule deer. Definately tastes like a game animal, but not bad in any way. For those of us that like wild game it was good.

My brother shot it in the breaks.

My brother shot one a few years back and it was good. It needed tenderized, but it was good meat.

Hmmm. I wonder if Randy has ever considered an OYOA ewe bighorn hunt? I know there is general industry standard against antlerless hunts exclusively for a show, but ewes do have horns:rolleyes:

That seems to me like a decent show; an OYO chance to hunt sheep without waiting years for a tag.

Waiting years for a tag? The bum had two sweet sheep hunts in Season 2. Why would he waste his time with a ewe when he gets to go hunt the Breaks?

Waiting years for a tag? The bum had two sweet sheep hunts in Season 2. Why would he waste his time with a ewe when he gets to go hunt the Breaks?

He doesn't and neither do his viewers. The person that drew the tags gets to hunt the ram. Everybody else is just watching on TV or going for a hiking trip in the Breaks. A ewe tag actually gives you a chance to kill a bighorn yourself...huge difference from watching someone else do it.

He doesn't and neither do his viewers. The person that drew the tags gets to hunt the ram. Everybody else is just watching on TV or going for a hiking trip in the Breaks. A ewe tag actually gives you a chance to kill a bighorn yourself...huge difference from watching someone else do it.

I was just giving Randy a hard time.

My wife killed one 2 years ago. The steaks and backstraps were excellent. The burger was ok. The fat on a sheep is VERY rancid tasting, so you have to trim it up extremely well before grinding into burger. Just a little bit of fat left in the burger can ruin a whole pan of lasagna.

Buddy shot one a few years back and he said he never smelled such a stench as the ewe meat.

No experience peronally

Sorry. I din't know it was going to be a ewe bighorn. I thought it was a baaaaa. I know bad humor, but couldn't resist before Dink made the scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back