Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Essential Poll

Favorite Style of Beer

• Old School American Pale Lagers and Pilsners (Bud, Miller, Coors, etc.)

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Blond Ales

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • IPAs

Votes: 52 25.7%
  • Lagers

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Amber Ales

Votes: 35 17.3%
  • English Bitters

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Porters

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Stouts

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Dark Ales

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Specialty Pilsners

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
I used to be quite the beer drinker... my body decided that was enough...
If the plan was to go on a snort, Busch Light did the trick. Otherwise I liked porters and stouts. I liked IPAs as well, but they didn’t always agree with me. Maybe that was foreshadowing of my liver issues

I've always called Miller High Life in the tall bottle a tall blonde. Try one. Underrated beer. mtmuley
Made my first beer run in 1961, I was seven. Dad was a captain then, stationed at Ft Wainwright out side Fairbanks. Supply chain was iffy then with beer non-existent. Dad got word a cargo plane was inbound with groceries and beer. It was about 40 below. The army being the army Dad knew the beer would be on pallets and left on the tarmac to be inventoried. Every able bodied man and boy available was on hand when that plane landed to get the beer inside before it froze. It was Miller.

Typical old run of the mill bud light or coors does it for me. Not hard to find it anywhere either, and tastes good!

When it comes to domestics bud or BL. Now if a craft is in order I like a good pilsner. The one beer I can't even stomach a sip of is a white IPA. Oh when in texas always a shiner.

If only one...Moosehead Lager. Thought it was the best thing Id ever tasted when I had my first one years and years ago. I know better now but there is some nostalgia attached.

I love it all, but the gout doesn’t love me. Don’t drink much anymore, but my joints feel better.

I'm just going to say it, I have had Pliny it's totally overrated. #potstirrer

'Overrated' as in both varieties of Pliny are probably not the best beers in the world - but they are both delicious. I was on a project in Marin a few years ago and we drove up to RR every wednesday night. If you're a sour person - that's a pilgrimage you need to make for any of their "XXXXX-tion" beers. Taplist: https://russianriverbrewing.com/santa-rosa-beers/

My 'Desert Island Beer' is Orval - preferably aged 6-18 months so the Brettanomyces can do it's thing a little. Saison Dupont would be a close second. Yes, in my extreme beer-nerdiness days, we had this debate at great length :)

Quick look at the beer fridge right now shows a lot of Outer Range hazy IPA's, what's left of Sierra Nevada Celebration 2019, a handful of randoms from our new years excurion down to NM, and a lot of Oskar Blues 'One-y' (slightly hazy, 4% abv session NEIPA - I also know the head brewer and others there very well so am a little partial to OB - but this one is a godsend in the session IPA space).

I love it all, but the gout doesn’t love me. Don’t drink much anymore, but my joints feel better.
Gout definitley cut my beer nerdiness back. For whatever reason, red wine is fine for me, but too much unattenuated yeast or bacterium (i.e. Saisons and sours - previously favorite styles of mine) is highly likely to cause a gout attack.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back