Caribou Gear Tarp

Essential Poll

Favorite Style of Beer

• Old School American Pale Lagers and Pilsners (Bud, Miller, Coors, etc.)

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Blond Ales

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • IPAs

Votes: 52 25.7%
  • Lagers

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Amber Ales

Votes: 35 17.3%
  • English Bitters

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Porters

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Stouts

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Dark Ales

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Specialty Pilsners

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
I used to drink lager, but stopped years ago, especially when I heard that Stella had a chemical in it which could cause people to get aggressive, some people called it 'fighting juice' others called it 'wife beater' if they knew that it had that effect it beggars belief that they didn't remove that chemical.

Cheers

Richard

I did a study abroad program north of Newcastle in 2007 and some of Americans in the group thought of Stella as a classy beer. But then the locals told us only a certain type of person ordered Stella around there.

The memories of the large amounts of cheap ciders we were drinking makes my stomach turn 🤢

Anyone remember Schmidt? We used to call it animal beer. Always had a critter on the can. Cheap too. mtmuley
Hamm’s was a classic cheap beer up here for years. Fond memories, not for the quality of the beer, but for the quality of the experiences and people.

Will have to check them out... not sure if you make it east much but Cerebral brewing also has some great beers.
I get there a couple times a year. Would go more if it wasn't like the hardest place to get to from most of the metro area. I miss that meat-pie place that was next door.

If you like Cerebral - Outer Range and Weldwerks are a must, and New Terrain over in Golden is also up there.

Hamm’s was a classic cheap beer up here for years. Fond memories, not for the quality of the beer, but for the quality of the experiences and people.

Loking forward to our annual return/reunion to northern MN in a couple of weeks where we always grab some Hamm's and Old Milwaukee for old-times-sake. Hamms is still pretty solid as adjunct lagers go.

We don't need all these stupid new beers. All they are is marketing hype. They don't do anything the beers we've had for 70 years won't do, but everyone acts like it's the best thing ever.

Oh crap, wrong thread...…..

This beer and a Creedmoor make you unstoppable!

Anyone remember Schmidt? We used to call it animal beer. Always had a critter on the can. Cheap too. mtmuley
Oh man. We drank that(once) in college. We thought the cans were cool because they had a goose/deer/etc on it. Plus I think it was about $9 for a case.

For just drinking in the boat or at camp I buy bud light. I've found I look for the lower IBU beers and will buy a German Style Unfiltered Hef every time. While moving my daughter to Pittsburgh this past summer, I became a fan of Fathead's Goggle Fogger.

Given that I work in the industry, picking one beer (or one style) would be like naming a favorite child. I definitely have one, but I will never share what it is.

@wllm1313 I was almost going to have to fight you about Russian River, but you redeemed yourself by clarifying your statement. Neither Pliny is the best beer (or even IPA) that RRBC makes. That award would go to Blind Pig. But I tend to stick to the right side (belgian/sour) of the board when I go there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back