Caribou Gear

Essential Poll

Favorite Style of Beer

• Old School American Pale Lagers and Pilsners (Bud, Miller, Coors, etc.)

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Blond Ales

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • IPAs

Votes: 52 25.7%
  • Lagers

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Amber Ales

Votes: 35 17.3%
  • English Bitters

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Porters

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Stouts

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Dark Ales

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Specialty Pilsners

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
Thanks for doing that. Makes me feel better about the world. I hope you enjoy it and do NOT drink it too cold. Cool basement temperature is where you want to be. It will be tasteless if you drink straight from the fridge. That would be so awesome in front of my wood stove right now. I've got a good book goin' and some snow comin' down.
I'm drinking it in front of my wood stove now. Basement keeps at a nice 53-55, so I keep my homebrew stouts and most ales down there.

Fan of the wheat beers like blue moon and shocktop. Drink guiness as well.

I don't understand why Busch Latte is not in the poll

At 142 votes, my guess is the ratio of beers listed above are probably not that far off from the ratios in a well stocked liquor store cooler in suburbs. In a small town, the Old School brands would be much higher.

My favorites are the imperial stouts, but recently I’ve taken a liking to Cutthroat Porter out of Colorado, I forget the brewery name.

I enjoy all beer, some more than others and some only once. Most people around here drink Busch Light for domestic beer. I really enjoy a Kolsch style beer. Leinenkugel's has a good one or Lake Superior Brewing Company has a good one that I have had when I was around Duluth. I like Alaskan Amber and since I can see Wisconsin from my deck I drink a lot of Spotted Cow as well. When we are at the cabin Lake of the Woods Brewing Company in Kenora has a wonderful selection of beer. I really enjoy their Blueberry beer, its not flavored like blueberries, but has a hint of purple to it. They also have a Kolsch called Lakeside that is very refreshing while filleting fish!

Goose Island Bourban County Stout is nice for changing things up on occasion. The bourban flavors make it a sipping beer for me and it can catch up to a guy fast at 15% alcohol.

bourban county.jpg

This is not my week for Googling things from HuntTalk.

Not a drinker so thought I'd look up some of these brands/names and (maybe some of you already knew this) Google was nice enough to inform me there's actually a Merkin Beer :oops:
I give up. Going to have to re-install the Google or something.

This is not my week for Googling things from HuntTalk.

Not a drinker so thought I'd look up some of these brands/names and (maybe some of you already knew this) Google was nice enough to inform me there's actually a Merkin Beer :oops:
I give up. Going to have to re-install the Google or something.

Cookies gonna track you down Brad....;)

Buffalo Sweat - Tallgrass Brewing
Techno Viking - Drekker Brewing
Bells's Two Hearted
Smoke Jumper Stout - Firehouse Brewing
ice cold Kokanee or Landshark for rehydrating on hot summer days

My job has me working in a brewery in RINO this morning. 330 cant get here fast enough today 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20200131_093302.jpg
    20200131_093302.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back