Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

elk

dbusta

there are no elk left in Idaho so can anyone help I would like to put in Arizona unit 27 is that a good unit

Its a good unit. There was a big fire five or six years ago that covered part of the unit. If you can draw a tag it should be great. You have missed the 2017 draw so you have a year to study the unit. GJ

Yeah there are no more elk in Colorado and Wyoming as well so I wouldn't bother messing around with elk there either. Word on the street is Arizona closed elk season due to lack of elk participation as well.

there are no elk left in Idaho so can anyone help I would like to put in Arizona unit 27

Ide never judge a person for wanting to try a new state or new unit, but you cant seriously think there are no Elk in Idaho?

Arizona has great quality Elk. But you will be putting in for quite some time before you draw a tag. Unit 27 will take at least 9 points to draw the late rifle hunt, and even more if you want to hunt the Archery season. Never been in 27, but its one of the better Elk units in the state.

there are no elk left in Idaho so can anyone help I would like to put in Arizona unit 27 is that a good unit

Weird, I called in 6 bulls in 5 days S of Kooskia last fall. They must of been red stags or fallow deer :rolleyes:. Jim's Saloon must have some great spirits cause weed still isn't legal in ID.... MT has too many they are trying eradicate them, try there, they have OTC tags...usually

MT has too many they are trying eradicate them, try there, they have OTC tags...usually

Oh.... no! All the Montana elk fled south to Wyoming when I first purchased a tag 3 years ago..............well at least in the unit I picked to hunt.

Ide never judge a person for wanting to try a new state or new unit, but you cant seriously think there are no Elk in Idaho?

Arizona has great quality Elk. But you will be putting in for quite some time before you draw a tag. Unit 27 will take at least 9 points to draw the late rifle hunt, and even more if you want to hunt the Archery season. Never been in 27, but its one of the better Elk units in the state.

27 Late rifle takes 9 now. By the time the original poster has 9 points it will take many more. Of course, there is always a chance now with the new draw system. I'd love a 27 archery tag but I only have 7 elk points now and don't want to wait another 2 decades to hunt it.

thank guys an to the guy that said he called in elk around kooskia what were they spikes

thank guys an to the guy that said he called in elk around kooskia what were they spikes

last I heard spikes are "elk". Just a silly statement to say there are no elk in ID, but please keep telling everyone that. Guess I'll play, ...not sure why, but believe what you want. There were 2 5 pt's, 2 6 pts and a 7 pt twice. Good luck with your future AZ draws.

Actually, the word in the street is Ted Turner went into a new business model and bought all the Idaho Elk for relocation to his ranches. Elk is the new beef, buffalo just wasn't cutting anymore.

Really curious as to what criteria you used to make the conclusion ID has no elk? But if you want to sit on the couch and build points be my guest... One less guy in the ID woods

The area we hunt regularly in NV has one of the 2 biggest deer herds on the state yet I repeatedly hear that there are no deer there. I guess if they're not standing next to the road they simply do not exist. The tags are fairly easy to draw but you do have to work hard to find where the good bucks are. People say the same thing about our elk herds because we simply don't have the numbers as most other western states.

I have watched a herd of elk go from over 160 head to 10 an it is not just wolf it is us an the tribe

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back