Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho hot spots for elk

Bill Christy

Idaho contains a hot spot for elk hunters, ... and there is a reason for this. The geological and hydrological make up of units 66, 66A and 76 draw elk like a magnet. When Palisades Reservoir is full, the underground water feeds several natural spring hotspots throughout the mountain ranges in southern unit 66, throughout unit 66A, and northern unit 76. The underground water flow continues out to unit 69 surfacing as natural springs along the way. Elk, especially bull elk, love these spots because they are hidden back away from the public. We can look at examples like unit 66: map grids 10,11,14 and 15; Unit 66A: from road 087 down to the Monte Cristo Mind; unit 66A: map grids 31,6,5, 23, 25,26 and 36; Unit 66: Poker Peak area; unit 76: Diamond Flat. When these series of natural springs are flowing, they are a gold mine for pressured elk.

Idaho contains a hot spot for elk hunters, ... and there is a reason for this. The geological and hydrological make up of units 66, 66A and 76 draw elk like a magnet. When Palisades Reservoir is full, the underground water feeds several natural spring hotspots throughout the mountain ranges in southern unit 66, throughout unit 66A, and northern unit 76. The underground water flow continues out to unit 69 surfacing as natural springs along the way. Elk, especially bull elk, love these spots because they are hidden back away from the public. We can look at examples like unit 66: map grids 10,11,14 and 15; Unit 66A: from road 087 down to the Monte Cristo Mind; unit 66A: map grids 31,6,5, 23, 25,26 and 36; Unit 66: Poker Peak area; unit 76: Diamond Flat. When these series of natural springs are flowing, they are a gold mine for pressured elk.

IMG_0751.jpeg

Uhh I live very near to these zones, so let's pump the brakes on detailing where all the bulls hang out. You could have just said that elk need water to live.

Shut the F@+! Up!

HAHAHAHA the funny thing is someone is going to actually take this advice and think Mr. Christy is onto something. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He's on to something. Before Lava got developed bulls would wallow there year round!

What in the world.

We need a paywall. Just like $3 a year or something like that.
You know what, I have often thought this would be a good idea. Heck, even at $5-$10 I would bet that most of the typical users on this forum would pay that in a heartbeat.

@Big Fin has often commented that this thing is just a money pit for him. Maybe this would help. I support it.

You know what, I have often thought this would be a good idea. Heck, even at $5-$10 I would bet that most of the typical users on this forum would pay that in a heartbeat.

@Big Fin has often commented that this thing is just a money pit for him. Maybe this would help. I support it.
All for it. Any excess $ can go to RMEF or something like that.

Obviously a troll giving fake intel to throw people off where he really hunts. Smart actually. How many people not commenting are writing this down and will follow it? Could be enough to take pressure off the units/locations he normally hunts.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back