Idaho hot spots for elk

On another site there was a listing of a particular drainage that lead people to the backside of a Walmart parking lot if I remember correctly. Might be similar to this.

Personally, I think this thread was started as a joke meant to ruffle a few feathers and get a laugh.

But if your feathers are ruffled, you do know that if nobody responds to a thread it just drifts off into the archives with almost nobody ever reading it.

Idaho F&G is restricting the amount of game information it releases to the public, so, hunters need to help one another, short of giving away personal hot spots. Your welcome! I hope it helps.
Hmm...I think hunters should help themselves by putting actual boots on the ground and not rely on other people's help.

Hmm...I think hunters should help themselves by putting actual boots on the ground and not rely on other people's help.
You're absolutely right! No matter how much info a new hunter gets through advice and planning, there is no substitute for boots on the ground scouting gathering info on what's happening in the field. Although I have shared some valuable information, I guarantee that other resident hunters have already found this out and claimed their favorite campsites and hunting spots accordingly through the seasons. First hunter to the site gets the shot is how it goes nowadays. Nothing new here except if your a newbie.

You're absolutely right! No matter how much info a new hunter gets through advice and planning, there is no substitute for boots on the ground scouting gathering info on what's happening in the field. Although I have shared some valuable information, I guarantee that other resident hunters have already found this out and claimed their favorite campsites and hunting spots accordingly through the seasons. First hunter to the site gets the shot is how it goes nowadays. Nothing new here except if your a newbie.
You’re an idiot.

Idaho F&G is restricting the amount of game information it releases to the public, so, hunters need to help one another, short of giving away personal hot spots. Your welcome! I hope it helps.
What information are they supposed to give out?

What information are they supposed to give out?
If you were teaching your son all about how to read a local area, signs, rutting patterns, where big game go after a earth tremor, why local big game go and do what they go and do, you would be developing a future hunter. Think about it! I'm sure you know things they don't teach in videos and publications.

If you were teaching your son all about how to read a local area, signs, rutting patterns, where big game go after a earth tremor, why local big game go and do what they go and do, you would be developing a future hunter. Think about it! I'm sure you know things they don't teach in videos and publications.
I see. So why would I teach my son about this if he can just ask the fish and game where the animals are?!

I see. So why would I teach my son about this if he can just ask the fish and game where the animals are?!
My son spent a bunch of time last Friday of duck season scouting to find ducks. He found a good feed to hunt Saturday morning.

At the boat ramp in the morning we meet another guy with his young son. He told us he was there because he called IDFG the day before and was told that ducks were at this spot.

No need to scout!

I told my son in the duck blind that there was probably a IDFG sting operation going on today. I expected to get checked at the ramp when we got out.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back