Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Elk size pictures

king13

I'm curious with my first elk permit this year. I would like to know what a elk right around the 300 inch mark looks like. Put up some pictures. It would help to be able to see some 300 elk that way if I seen one or even one bigger I have an idea of what I'm looking at.

I'm curious with my first elk permit this year. I would like to know what a elk right around the 300 inch mark looks like. Put up some pictures. It would help to be able to see some 300 elk that way if I seen one or even one bigger I have an idea of what I'm looking at.

Unless you have a UT, AZ, NV Elk tag or some Beaucoup point CO or WY tag, your first elk should be the first legal bull in range. (within Reason)

don't get hung up on score please. Elk hunting is hard enough without adding that to the check list

One thing to keep in mind when field judging elk is their body size can vary quite a bit, hence making their antlers look smaller or bigger depending on the body size.

I thought this bull was average or slightly below for the area I hunt but was amazed to find his beams were 49” long when I field judged them to be much shorter (very large body size) before I shot him. I was after his running mate but didn’t get a shot before he busted and knowing what mine was, the other was probably 20-30” larger on gross score as he also had an XL body.

Attachments

• F10CF547-2067-410F-B9AD-D0671E576CD6.jpeg
    F10CF547-2067-410F-B9AD-D0671E576CD6.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 121
I saw your other post about not being able to scout before you hunt if that is true and your first bull tag I wouldnt be worrying about score, have fun and drop the 1st bull that you like
My buddy is coming with me to Co this sept its his 2nd elk hunt and I told him its his tag but I wouldnt let any elk walk by cow or bull you gots ta get elk on the ground to get good at putting elk on the ground

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back