Elk ribbs

elkfarmer

How many of you guys here do barbaque elk ribbs? Are they really good or should the meat just go into burger? If you have a way to do them, let me know. I am thinking of doing some for the guys at work. Thanks.

I wish I would shoot an elk close enough to a road to actually save the ribs

The elk ribs that I have had seem to be pretty "gamey" I don't save mine I leave them for the coyotes to snack on, tooo far to pack out!!!

Here is what they do with Whitetail Ribs. Take and Cut ribs into pieces that will fit into a large pot filled with water and a little crab boil. Place Ribs into the pot and boil until tender and then place onto grill. I wish I had time of boiling to tell you. The boy that does this works for KCS Railroad, he saves and is given Ribs from other hunters that he uses to do a BBQ at the end of the year for the guys in his area of the yard. Hope this Idea helps. John

Tried bbq'n elk ribs once and they were tough as nails. I ate them but my jaw was sore from chewing so much. They could have been from lower on the rib cage though.

well I appreciate all the good input and have decided that that meat will be better served in burger. Thanks everyone for saving me from what could have been an embarrassing moment.

I remember ol' Jim Zumbo did a show on cable tv several years ago where he did elk ribs in the oven --- sure looked good to me!!! You might Google it ...

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back