NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Elk Photos

Wow that non-typical velvet bull is awesome!

The more hungerford posts, the funnier this gets. I don't feel so bad for a little teasing now. That bull will always be that one that somebody's daddy longtaped by over thirty inches so it could win a contest and a dozen arrows... I'm sure Buzz lost a lot of sleep over it.

best part..
its okay you will reach that level someday

Taxidermynut,

I can understand that being drained after pushing for 16 straight days! Great scouting photos as well. Congrats again on a bull bigger than most of us will ever see!

2007047.jpg

This is a "real" 370 bull...a bull I guided. It was officially scored and entered into B&C.
372 0/8. NT points 1 2/8= 373 2/8 gross...net is 364 2/8. IS = 49 0/8. MB's 56"+

Awesome bulls!

I use for a reference, the corner of the eye to the tip of the nose - it rarely breaks 13 inches on a big mature bull. It's usually around a foot.

Here's some photos of one of the better ones I've seen taken, a good friend of mine got it in 2002. Numbers were from official score sheet, cut and pasted from a thread back when he got it. It was a heck of a day hunting, end of a long season, terrible hunting conditions - the stars aligned no doubt.

TheMIKEelk.jpg

MikeElk3-02.jpg

Mikes2002Elk.jpg

Main beams - 56 3/8, 56 5/8
G1 - 18 4/8, 17 0/8
G2 - 13 2/8 , 17 5/8
G3 - 17 6/8, 14 2/8
G4 - 20 6/8, 20 4/8
G5 - 13 4/8, 13 7/8
H1 - 8 3/8, 8 4/8
H2 - 7 0/8, 7 0/8
H3 - 6 2/8, 6 4/8
H4 - 5 7/8, 5 6/8

Inside Spread - 46 0/8
Greatest Spread - 50 6/8
Gross score - 381 2/8
Final score - 370 4/8

Last edited:
This gets funnier and funnier. The bow shops owner and FATHER of the shooter declares that bull is bigger than Buzz's OFFICIALLY scored and ENTERED bull.:hump::D:D:D

I don’t know Buzz from Adam………………………but I saw his bull entry in the quarterly P&Y rag. Just saying.

Not very hard to scan and post a copy of a official score sheet. I am guessing it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
I don’t know Buzz from Adam……………………….

C'mon, Adam isn't nearly as pompous. ;)

There are some awesome bulls posted here, guys. Here's my trophy. I can only imagine what he would have scored if he hadn't busted up his top end. :D

09COelk1.jpg

That's awesome! My buddy that shot that monster above, shot that one's twin the year before and bolted the antlers above the door on his dog's doghouse.

Oak,

I think the "twos" on your bull are what 19-20"?

The "three's"...my god you'd need to tape a couple yard sticks together to measure those.

That bull of yours was a true warrior...with the points all busted up and all.

Oak,

I think the "twos" on your bull are what 19-20"?

The "three's"...my god you'd need to tape a couple yard sticks together...

He doesn't stack up to some of the bulls posted here. We never actually taped him, but conservatively estimated him at right about 300".

The thing most people miss about your photo is that you're 6' 6" and 260...

When you put things in perspective...it all adds up.

GH- That is quite the blood trail in those first two pics.
Oak- I've got a "big" 4-point similar to that one...he makes a great hat rack in the reloading room.

Last edited:
Oak, I'd love to see a bull like that one of yours with 10 guys standing around it looking cool, dressed in head to toe Sitka gear.

Drake that elk was part cat. He had to rebarrel his rifle after that..

Last edited:
Well I bet my buddy has shot a bigger elk than your buddy.:rolleyes::D

carry on....

My buddy killed one that field dressed 530#'s.... Big bodied bull, easily bigger than Mhungerford's buddy's bull.

Got another one with 402 6/8's hanging weight with the hide, but not the front legs. If we would have left the front legs on it, easily a 450 bull.;)

Nothing's worse than a one-upper. :D

Check out this monster! I had the whole kill on video, and I think I erased it. :(
Mike1998.jpg

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back