Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk Odyssey

That's a whole lotta elk hunting you guys did. Congratulations on the bull.

You're a mad man. Good luck on the rest of your hunts!

...Just WOW!
Best of luck on the 2nd half!!
Looking forward to the rest of the story.....

Man that pisses me off hearing about poachers like that. I'm happy to hear you visited my state of NM, though, and look forward to the video footage.

Keep up the hard work for guys like us that don't get to hunt that often! I absolutely love watching the shows and then getting the behind-the-scenes stuff on HT.

Great stories and photos. Best of luck to you and Tyler and the rest of the team in the 2nd half.

Tyler sent me a few pics and a video of the guys who hopped over on to the private and killed the big bull we were waiting on. Maybe they had permission and just felt like they had to be sneaky; sneaky to the point that one of them decided to go without blaze orange. Maybe they just like coming in the back way, down a canyon on their ATV, rather than coming up the ranch road to this location.

Maybe they had some special tag that explains the "Let's all shoot at the count of three and empty our rifles" ambush. Or tag that made it so blaze orange is optional based on when and where you happen to be. Hope the landowner did not give them permission (my strongest gut instinct based on their behavoir) and he gets in touch with us for the footage, pics, and descriptions.

You can see in the video as they try to lift the entire thing onto the ATV, just how big that bull was.

A small portion of the 30+ bulls in this group.
IMG_7552.jpg

"Hey, those guys up on that ridge seem to be watching us. Wonder if they can see me without my orange?"
IMG_7747.jpg

"Thanks for getting the ATV and my orange while you were at it. Let's get this thing out of here. Since it was your tag, you drive the ATV and get it the hell out of here."
IMG_7771.jpg

I wonder where that bull will show up in the public domain and what story will be told as to how it met its demise.

The picture with the 3 guys with the elk is clear enough to identify the guy. Did you send pictures to Game and Fish?

Hope they nail him if he did not have permission on the land!

Randy you need to turn this information over to the fish and game. they are going to be telling people and showing people that rack and you just as soon have this information out to them as soon as possible I would think. I'll bet you one flash of that guys face at the local town pump will yield his name in a hurry.

Congrats on some great hunts Randy! It's too bad there always seems to be somebody that thinks they don't need to play by the rules...

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back