Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Let me just say that I'm new to elk hunting in Arizona. I went archery elk hunting in Oregon 7 years ago and didn't get one but I had a blast. I was wondering about any advice for Arizona unit 9 and 10 for archery. I'm hoping to go next year if not then the year after.
Welcome to HT. Suggest your start a new thread (perhaps in the “Who am I” forum) vs hijacking this one.

Had a cow tag this year, but it was a great time nonetheless! Made a 2hr stalk on a group of feeding cows and a raghorn bull in a snowy sage field. Snuck in through sparse pinon-juniper to 250 yds and shot this cow in the heart. It took me 3 trips and 15mi total to get the meat back to the truck. Definitely a rewarding hunt!
8AEEA2BF-041C-4006-8BA4-84EC77E22D13.jpeg

On the way home from work bull. another one out whole and another double for me and my buddy. Biggest body bull I’ve ever seen, had 100 lbs+ on my buddies bull from the same herd, Pretty sure this thing is a dinosaur. Long mains but not much else going on. 66D7370D-B6B5-4D33-B02A-7E17C2BD452E.jpeg

The draw gods were shining down on me this year and I drew excellent tags in both AZ and NV. The packing gods were also shining on me as the AZ bull was about a 60 yard packout and NV was maybe 1/3 mile. Pretty tough to beat. Was thankful to have @Schism along for both hunts to help.

20201001_200551 - Copy (2).jpg

37318.jpeg

Here's the deal. Since the "Let's see them" pronghorn thread is one of the most viewed on this site, and most viewed by lurkers, I am thinking we should do the same with elk and show how many elk guys on this site take.

This thread will be a "sticky thread" and be at the top of the Elk Forum, from here on out. It doesn't matter when you shot it, how you shot it, or if you were just the person helping, this is the thread to post elk pictures. No need to post a long story, just a pic and a few notes about the hunt.

Be as specific or vague as you want, as far as location.

Here goes.

2005 - Missouri River Breaks rifle tag. My son's first elk. Most fun I ever had on an elk hunt. We were joined by my brother, Logdawg.

View attachment 32075

Thanks for doing this. I hope this thread becomes as popular as the pronghorn thread. I know you guys have shot a lot of elk, so post 'em up right here, even if they have previsouly been posted on another thread.
Wow ! Nice elk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back