NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Elk hunt tag along

• Thread starter MN Public Hunter
  • Start date
M

MN Public Hunter

Last year I was going to do a tag along hunt in Montana for elk and it fell through.

This year I'm starting earlier...

Fin, you need an "extra" free of cost camera man/sherpa? LOL...if not...Here is what I'm looking for.

Those of you putting in for elk tags keep me in mind if you are drawn and hunting Colorado, Wyoming, Montana or North Dakota(special hunt I believe last year). At this time I don't want to drive any further than that. I would prefer to go when they are talking so I assume that is archery or an early gun season.

What you get:

A. An extra sherpa if you get one...
B. Extra camera man/ Camera man...I'm not an expert, but I can operate a camera.
C. I'm free of cost..unless you want too pay for my food and beer ...LOL...and gas.
D. Someone to hopefully add to your campfire talk and hunting experience.
E. A championship snorer, you have been warned.

Garret (mn public hunter)

You will propably get more responses from this forum if you promise cuddling and backrubs.

I'm moving back to NY this summer, and it will be a couple years before I get back to Colorado to hunt, but I would be happy to bring you along...if you're not too old by then

You will propably get more responses from this forum if you promise cuddling and backrubs.

Sorry, I don't spoon...well unless one of the women on this forum wants me to tag along :) hahaha

Why not get a tag and "tag one" instead of "tagging along"?

I might next time, but this time I just want to play tag along and video and take pictures.

I'm moving back to NY this summer, and it will be a couple years before I get back to Colorado to hunt, but I would be happy to bring you along...if you're not too old by then

I might be too old by then...so you better get your butt back to CO and call me...I will be ready to get a tag myself for sure next year or the year after.

I grew up in Upstate NY, right between Buffalo and Syracuse, just outside of Rochester in farm country. That's where I'm moving back to. I'm not one of those jack wagons from the city...lol

I was thinking maybe until you mentioned snoring. That's a deal killer for me. That's why Fin is a good hunt partner. No snoring and internet in the tent:D

I was thinking maybe until you mentioned snoring. That's a deal killer for me. That's why Fin is a good hunt partner. No snoring and internet in the tent:D

Ha, damn Fin...trumping me with that free internet.

Had to be honest about the snoring, I say I don't but my wife says I do :) and that is why I thought if I go where people are either like me :) or a hotel deal I get a separate room. I can always sleep in my own truck too :)

I'd say Schmalts is the man to go with. Just remember he brings a special kind of sleeping bag to camp.

This idea sure sounds boring to me. For $500 you could get a Colorado OTC elk tag, throw a dart at a map and go try to kill a elk for yourself. You might shoot nothing but you could very well find yourself standing over a dead elk. It would most certainly be an adventure.

Can you hold a steady spotlight?? :D

Ha!

Actually scratch what I said above. Do you own a packframe? How much weight do you think you can carry 3-6 miles? Can you have a full cardio work up/physical and post the results:D

I would venture a guess you don’t see many Mensa members walking in the woods with heavy packs. Gotta dumb your crew down a bit:D
Funny...I almost replied that I used to be a member of Mensa, and therefore didn't need to answer your other questions :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back