Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk ecology reading

Trekker308

Does anyone know of an alternative book to North American Elk: Ecology and Management. The book is out of print and sells for about $300 on eBay. I’ll never be able to convince my wife of that kind of purchase. I’m wanting to learn about foods that elk prefer in Utah.

Google Scholar is your friend for sure. JWT's book came out 30 years ago and there's been a ton of research since then. It's a great book if you get your hands on it, but if you look up it's table of contents you can get a good idea of what to search.

if you have a .edu email, you can download directly from JSTOR. I have downloaded a ton of information about elevation for various areas near my area, as well as habits for the time frame of my hunt. Some great articles out there if you spend the time to search. I recently picked up a copy of elk ecology and management, and a lot of the information in the book has been insightful, but i have learned more by spending the time to do the research myself

Thanks for the suggestions! I don’t have an edu email, but I’ll keep looking on the internet.

Thanks for the suggestions! I don’t have an edu email, but I’ll keep looking on the internet.
I have this book and sell it to you for what I paid for it. I bought it used obviously the plastic cover is ripped but that's all that is wrong with it. $75.00 plus shipping

Wildlife management institute used to have it for $42 (two years ago), but i just checked and they're all sold out. Maybe call them and see if they are going to get re-stocked? I can also take a look and scan a few pages for you if you want to go that route...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back