Elk and bison - Bad news in Helena

Thanks to Randy, Ben and others for the update. Sent messages on both bills to committee members. I will continue to follow these threads on oyoa and comment to the committees asI can not make it up to Helena with my work schedule.Thanks to everyone who writes, calls, and travels to the capital to save our wildlife and hunting.

Same here, can't make it to Helena Thursday, but will contact the committee members at least.
Had a GWA meeting this morning, and several of that group are heading north on Thursday, & we'll spread the word.
That "Champ" trophy photo made me laugh out loud!

Can't make Helena on Th. At work but I sent negative comment to House Ag Committee members about HB 312. thanks for being up there Ben, Randy and all else who choose to make the trip. I know many of us appreciate your work.

Same here, can't make it to Helena Thursday, but will contact the committee members at least.
Had a GWA meeting this morning, and several of that group are heading north on Thursday, & we'll spread the word.
That "Champ" trophy photo made me laugh out loud!

yes me too!! He doesn't strike me as being very "outdoors" type guy. ( may or may not be having a stroke in that pic too).

I'm embarrassed to be a Republican right now.:mad: For now on I'll vote for a Dem over a extremist Republican anyday. These guys are nothing more than Don Peay clones running around. Egomaniacs!!!
This has to stop we can't do this every 2 years. I'm afraid they are going to wear people out at this rate and eventually people will quit fighting. I hope I'm wrong.

By the way, in the pdf version of HB 312, on line 21 "prevalence reduction procedures for the wildlife species" equals capture, test, vaccinate and/or slaughter and you and I will be paying for it.

But Hockett, you need a nom de plume here. How about Hippie Hunter?
Incidentally, I think it's fairly common knowledge that my alias is Bill O'Connell. I've always said that these days, if you only have two identities that are basically identical, it's hardly grounds for counseling.

Just voiced my opinion on SB 143 and HB 198. Probably wasnt written most eloquently as I was seeing red most of the time.

When will someone write a bill that will require the legislature to quit poking their nose into wildlife issues and stop using hunters and wildlife as pawns in their giant BS game? Or something close to that. This is getting worse and more ridiculous every session.

Like this?

Amend Constitution to prohibit hunting/fishing/trapping laws by Initiative
http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0210W$BSIV.ActionQuery?P_BILL_NO1=204&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=SB&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SESS=20131

Oh wait, that just takes away our right to fix the mess the Legislature creates.

Like this?

http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0210W$BSIV.ActionQuery?P_BILL_NO1=204&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=SB&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SESS=20131

Oh wait, that just takes away our right to fix the mess the Legislature creates.

If that was amended to read just Trapping, I would be in favor.:hump:

Senator Jent has been a friend to hunters and anglers. He's a bowhunter ed instructor and is usually a 75% voter on our issues. Not sure what he's thinking on this one.

I would encourage folks to send him a polite email letting him know that less freedom is never a good option: [email protected]

Like this?

Ben for some reason I can never get your links to work. What bill are you talking about? Is Jent sponsoring it?

Given what has happened from all the bunny huggers in California and elsewhere, I'm not sure this would be a bad idea based on your title.

Hunting, and Fishing are already protected in Montana's constitution. Trapping is sitting in a grey area because it wasn't specifically mentioned, as a method of take.

I would rather see a constitutional amendment to protect trapping rather than see our right to control government, go away.

Without the initiative process, we wouldn't have had I-161, or I-43.

Repealing Outfitter set aside licenses, and banning the hunting on game farms.

Ben for some reason I can never get your links to work. What bill are you talking about? Is Jent sponsoring it?

Given what has happened from all the bunny huggers in California and elsewhere, I'm not sure this would be a bad idea based on your title.

try this one:
http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billpdf/SB0204.pdf

Not sure why it wouldn't pull up on the first link.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScatterGunHamilton
Back