Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Elk advice needed

Bob-WY

Been a slow elk year for us. Wife can't bow hunt due to pending shoulder surgery, so I've been solo

Archery totaled one sighting,, no shot. Rifle so far same. The past week things have stepped up a bit. Friday, in new snow I bumped 3 out of beds and chased for hours never getting a second sighting.

Today, still in there, some tracks. Snow getting crunchy

I am still trying to not hunt elk like a NH whitetail, I really don't know what I am doing

Elk are in this area, so are people. I will keep at it, I have a recommended spot to sit as it's a travel corridor, how should I approach this? Take a seat and wait at first light? Stay mobile? There is no high spot for glassing, its either still hunt, track or sit

Advice?

Its hard to say. If elk are in fact still in the area... It's hard for me to leave elk to find elk. I think I'd study the maps to figure out where the pressure is coming form and try to sit in a pinch point or try to birddog the others. Stick with it if you can.

Been a slow elk year for us. Wife can't bow hunt due to pending shoulder surgery, so I've been solo

Archery totaled one sighting,, no shot. Rifle so far same. The past week things have stepped up a bit. Friday, in new snow I bumped 3 out of beds and chased for hours never getting a second sighting.

Today, still in there, some tracks. Snow getting crunchy

I am still trying to not hunt elk like a NH whitetail, I really don't know what I am doing

Elk are in this area, so are people. I will keep at it, I have a recommended spot to sit as it's a travel corridor, how should I approach this? Take a seat and wait at first light? Stay mobile? There is no high spot for glassing, its either still hunt, track or sit

Advice?
Absolutely nothing wrong with hunting elk like NH whitetail.

I hunt them like I hunted WI whitetail and have a hell of a good time. It is a good tool to have in your tool box, and if it works for the situation you find yourself in, I’d use the hell out of it.

Good luck, have fun!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back