Eastern voice in Western States

"Mike, the problem with such polls at the one you refer to is that the majority of the population lives in big cities. They haven't a clue as to what life is like in rural Idaho or rural New York, for that matter. They rely on what they're told by the media and by whatever organization they align themselves with. How can they find out for themselves? Go west! But, even then, if they just visit all they get is the tourist side of things, so what have they learned? It still suprises me to hear people who have visited Jackson Hole and/or the tourist sections of Yellowstone and think that that is what the entire west is like."

Dgibson,good post there.
That very thing is what has gottne some of us in deep doggie do-do over

biggrin.gif
We keep trying to point out that there is more to the story's you people back east (or on this site)are being fed.
Try to look at it from all angle's and put a human face to these issue's.
Those of us here love this land,we know what we have,and we understand there is bad information being given, from many source's.
But we get called stupid if we try to put other information out there!!!!!!!

Mars== yea you're right.
See, most westerns want to beleive that all esasterns are rich welfarers that are living cheap off our hard work......
Really most of us know that we are all in the same basket and just want to have something mundane to bitch about. Its always easier to find a scapegoat than to actually find fault with ourselves and it really pisses us off when someone from somewhere else does it at us. We know when someone that also admits their own faults points something out to be fixed that they will also help out. Folks like dg, 1p, mars, and others are these sort and when ya point something out you also want something that resembles a realistic solution.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Its always easier to find a scapegoat than to actually find fault with ourselves <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh so very true. Another thing I've learned in my young age is that an accusation/assumption with a grain of truth in it hurts much worse than one without.

Lost- You need to quit making these types of posts...I'm starting to like ya!
wink.gif

Some folks want to say easterners don't have a clue about out here, but really most of us out here really have no clue about you folks back east. Except ya'll rich and welfared, don't do much but polls to f* with us out here working hard trying to feed and clothe ya. BTW, thanks for all the fed tax money ya send to connect Two Dot with the rest of the state, those few folks out there were getting awful lonesome. 0)

Lost, you got us nailed, soon as I get down to the Post Office and get my check (in my new Navigator) I'm planning on responding to a poll about having T-Rex's reintroduced out there, shouldn't be much impact........ on this side of the Mississippi

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back