Caribou Gear

Eastern Oregon Elk, Public Land DIY

NW_Hunter

Me, My Dad and our friends Ken and Gary left on a Monday and got back on the following Sunday, it is a 5 day tag. We were hunting in Eastern Oregon about 5 hours from home. It was a very fun trip but I was unsuccessful with getting a bull elk.

Me and My Dad did spot 2 bulls opening morning at 800 yards across the canyon. We would of tried to put a stock on them but we just got a call on the radio that Ken, 57 years old with diabetes, ended up killing a 6x6 bull at 30 yards. We did not see any more bulls but we did see a lot of cows and got into a few herds but could not spot a bull. It was by far the most funnest thing i have ever done. Just being in the woods for a week makes me happy! God sure has made a beautiful country. I appreciate all of the positive feedback on my posts.

Me, Ken and My Dad in the Pic. Btw I am not taller than my Dad, I am on a slope. haha.
sorry about the blurry pic.

Attachments

• Kens Elk.jpg
    Kens Elk.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 631
  • Elk Trip2.jpg
    Elk Trip2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 631
  • Elk Trip3.jpg
    Elk Trip3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 627
  • Elk Trip4.jpg
    Elk Trip4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 627
  • Elk Trip5.jpg
    Elk Trip5.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 628
  • ELK TRIP20.jpg
    ELK TRIP20.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 636
  • Elk Trip21.jpg
    Elk Trip21.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 633
  • ELK TRIP 24.jpg
    ELK TRIP 24.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
That looks like some fine country! Comfortable camp too.

BTW, 30 yards with a rifle is my kind of shot :) I took my cow this year at about 15 with an .06

Good stuff. Congrats. Are you for hire, as far as your camp making services? I could use something that plush for these next hunts.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back